Entire Custom.proj overwritten on new install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entire Custom.proj overwritten on new install

I have been using Visual Studio to develop indicators and strategies for years. But today I am getting hundreds of errors trying to build. I installed the latest version - 8.16.3 and after the installation, Visual Studio wanted to reload and I said OK. Now all my indicators, bar types and strategies are gone. I can re-add those - that isn't an issue. What is an issue are the errors. I opened references and removed those that were yellow and I think re-added them. But apparently I'm missing something because I'm getting errors such as "Reference to type 'IndicatorBase' claims it is defined in 'NinaTrader.Core', but it could not be found." do not make sense.

Could you take a look at the screen shot and maybe help to spot what I need to include as references? Thanks!\

PS. I just renamed my old documents/NinjaTrader8 directory and reinstalled fresh so I could get whatever Ninjatrader.Custom.csproj file it's installing and that has the same problem as this one. Could you please attach a project file that builds in Visual Studio? Thanks again...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-11-03 15.02.27.png
Views:	149
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	1038355

So I'm using the editor that comes with Ninja because that's what I'm stuck with and I notice the VS icon at the top of the editor in the toolbar. So I click that and it brings up a new instance of Visual Studio. I tried to build that and it built. Well, that's interesting. The csproj file I get straight up on the installation doesn't build outright in Visual Studio but if you go through the editor it does.

Who knew?

Comment

Hello traderpards,

Unfortunately, the NinjaTrader 8 help guide does not have much on using Visual Studio for development.

You will not be able to build NinjaTrader in Visual Studio. Instead while the NinjaScript Editor window is open, any .cs files that are saved (from any external editor) will automatically cause the NinjaScript Editor window to compile.

To open the .cs project it is necessary to click the Visual Studio icon on the NinjaScript Editor.

I will note that there is interest in having this documented in the help guide.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes