Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock price & indicators so they cannot be selected in the chart

Hi Ninja,

Is it possible to lock the candlesticks & indicators to prevent them from being selected ?
    Some indicators may draw a pretty large section on the chart, e.g.say an opening range indicator which draws a big filled rectangle.
    Problem is.. that when you click on the drawing (e.g. the filled rectangle from the opening range indicator) on the chart.. it always selects the indicator , allowing you to change its properties

This becomes annoying when you :
    - just want to pan/scale the chart. Now you can't and you need to search for an 'empty' spot on the chart, click there before being able to move pan the chart
    - click on a drawing tool (e.g. fibonacci retracement) which overlaps one or more indicators/candlesticks.. Here also you have to search for an empty spot, since if the area is covered by an indicator and by a drawing tool you end up selecting the indicator instead of your drawing tool.

In most cases you dont needto select indicators or price data. Once you configured them.. they are usually ok and don't need changes.
    It would therefore be nice to have an option to lock all price /candlesticks/indicators which prevent them from being selected on the chart
    and off course a unlock option just in case you do want to be able to select them

Can you add an icon to the chart toolbar for this ?
    EB Worx
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Hello Erwin Beckers,

Unfortunately, this is not a feature at this time.

I will forward a feature request on your behalf to lock the chart bars and indicators and prevent these from being selected when clicked on, and to add a toggle for each series or plot to the chart toolbar.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Erwin Beckers,

I have received tracking ID #SFT-2075 for your request to make chart objects un-selectable and ID #SFT-2075 for your request to add buttons on the chart toolbar to control this.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. Please let me know of any other requests you have for the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Please add my vote for this. It is an issue I have just been researching and came across this post.

Comment

#meetoo vote

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

I've submitted your vote as well.

Thanks for your voice on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin Beckers View Post
              Hi Ninja,

Is it possible to lock the candlesticks & indicators to prevent them from being selected ?
              Some indicators may draw a pretty large section on the chart, e.g.say an opening range indicator which draws a big filled rectangle.
              Problem is.. that when you click on the drawing (e.g. the filled rectangle from the opening range indicator) on the chart.. it always selects the indicator , allowing you to change its properties

- just want to pan/scale the chart. Now you can't and you need to search for an 'empty' spot on the chart, click there before being able to move pan the chart
              - click on a drawing tool (e.g. fibonacci retracement) which overlaps one or more indicators/candlesticks.. Here also you have to search for an empty spot, since if the area is covered by an indicator and by a drawing tool you end up selecting the indicator instead of your drawing tool.

In most cases you dont needto select indicators or price data. Once you configured them.. they are usually ok and don't need changes.
              It would therefore be nice to have an option to lock all price /candlesticks/indicators which prevent them from being selected on the chart
              and off course a unlock option just in case you do want to be able to select them

Can you add an icon to the chart toolbar for this ?
              Draw a transparent box over the chart and give the box a very high z-index value? DrawingToolZOrder.AlwaysDrawnLast?

ref: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...zordertype.htm

Comment

#Koganam - that would mean you just can't 'do' anything? such as:
                "
                - click on a drawing tool (e.g. fibonacci retracement) which overlaps one or more indicators/candlesticks.. Here also you have to search for an empty spot, since if the area is covered by an indicator and by a drawing tool you end up selecting the indicator instead of your drawing tool."

or I misunderstand (I understand z-order etc, your suggestion is like putting a glass pane in front of the chart - I just don't understand how is solves the issue as described

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                171 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
                Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Irukandji