Machine ID Keeps Changing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine ID Keeps Changing...

Hi. This is driving me insane. My Machine ID keeps on changing completely randomly. Every time it does I have to update my third-party software with the new ID. This never used to happen, but now happens frequently enough to not only make it depressing but make we never want to see NinjaTrader again. Talk about a clunky system.

I am running NT7 and NT8 with Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro through Parallels. I know Ninja doesn't support Virtual Machines but this never used to happen. What has changed and is ANYTHING that I can do to stop it?

Many thanks

Hello Traffic,

Thank you for your note.

Although we do not officially support NinjaTrader with Mac using Parallels, we are happy to assist if possible. On the Windows side, do you have all necessary updates installed? Are there any other programs that may be making changes to Windows?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Chris. I only use Windows 10 for NinjaTrader 7/8 and MS Edge/Internet Explorer. Of course Windows 10 automatically updates; the only update I have done recently is to the latest versions of NT 8, which is when this happened.

Comment

Hello Traffic,

Thank you for the reply.

NinjaTrader does not control the machine ID. If a change occurs to fundamental hardware or software, the machine ID will change. I would recommend contacting Parallels support for further assistance on this issue.

Comment

Thanks Chris. What should I say to them specifically? How should I describe Ninjatrader's Machine ID?

Comment

The machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (Windows version, BIOS version, Windows updates, etc.) If any of these items change then I would expect your machine ID to change. There is no way to manually change your machine ID. Parallels support would need to assist you in identifying what fundamental item is changing which is causing the NinjaTrader machine ID change.

Comment

How often has this happened? Do you ever change the machine configurations of the VM?

Comment

It's still a problem in 2022.

I'm running Windows 10 natively in a half-a-Gig Bootcamp partition on a 2019 16-inch i9 8-core MacBook Pro with 32GB of ram and the same thing (NT8 machine ID changing) was happening after every windows update reboot. It seems that you can only delay the Windows updates for 35 days max. I informed my 3rd party vendors that I would be sending them Machine ID change requests every month from now on due to the Windows 10 updates. I haven't found any other solution.

Best wishes,

mrZ

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM