Collapse

FXCM Bitcoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned earlier, there seems to be an issue with Coinbase minute historical data. Our Development Team is in contact with Coinbase, but we have no resolution at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      As I mentioned earlier, there seems to be an issue with Coinbase minute historical data. Our Development Team is in contact with Coinbase, but we have no resolution at this time.
      Oh ok, thank you!

Hmm well i hope u can remember this thread, if u have any solution please quote me. Thank you!

Comment

We are no longer able to reproduce any issues with Coinbase historical data today. Please disconnect then reconnect, then right-click on your charts and select 'reload all historical data'.

Comment

We are no longer able to reproduce any issues with Coinbase historical data today. Please disconnect then reconnect, then right-click on your charts and select 'reload all historical data'.
          Hello, how many days are the historical data for BTCUSD?

Comment

I only can see just a few days and the minute chart take a lot of loading. There is another way that i can see the historical data of BTCUSD?

Comment

The historical data can be requested for minute data back to around January of 2015, however, due to a throttling limitation inherent to the current Coinbase API, only a few days may be requested at a time. No historical tick data is available. Several years of daily data are available.

Comment

The historical data can be requested for minute data back to around January of 2015, however, due to a throttling limitation inherent to the current Coinbase API, only a few days may be requested at a time. No historical tick data is available. Several years of daily data are available.

Oh yes you are right. Daily Weekly and Monthly are correct.

When you say: "
                • only a few days may be requested at a time."

I want to see M240 if that possible? If only i had 25 days of Historical "Minutes" Data, with that im ok.

Comment

I am hitting errors when attempting to download more than a few days of minute data in multiple ways, I'll keep testing and follow up when I have more information.

Comment

I am hitting errors when attempting to download more than a few days of minute data in multiple ways, I'll keep testing and follow up when I have more information.
                    Thank you!

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Should I be able to open charts using the Coinbase connection with a simulation license? I'm not sure if this is a licensing, or legitimate, issue. I've followed these instructions but NinjaTrader, version 8.0.16.3 64-bit, is unable to load any crypto charts. When I'm connected to the Coinbase connection and add a new chart with a currency pair (BTCUSD or BCHUSD), the connection disconnects almost immediately. The logs show 'connection="Connection Lost"'.

Comment

I see that the Symbol of FXCM Bitcoin in Ninjatrader is:

@BTC/USD

But when i try to open it says:

"Error on requesting bars series: Unknown Instrument @BTC/USD"

I can see only the last price in the chart and in the SuperDOM i can see the price, even my entry.

Exist any way that i can see the charts directly from FXCM? the @BTC/USD?

Comment

Originally posted by joeellis View Post

Hi Patrick,

Should I be able to open charts using the Coinbase connection with a simulation license? I'm not sure if this is a licensing, or legitimate, issue. I've followed these instructions but NinjaTrader, version 8.0.16.3 64-bit, is unable to load any crypto charts. When I'm connected to the Coinbase connection and add a new chart with a currency pair (BTCUSD or BCHUSD), the connection disconnects almost immediately. The logs show 'connection="Connection Lost"'.
                          That shouldn't be occurring, but I don't have enough information to diagnose and resolve the issue from what you've provided. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                          • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                          • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                          • Please include a link to this forum thread, a brief description of the issue, and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2000985 ATTN Patrick G

EDIT - after analyzing joeellis' files, we discovered they were using Windows 7. The Coinbase connection is not supported in Windows 7, so the solution in this case is to upgrade their operating system.
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 11-08-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

The crypto forex instruments were meant for use with Barchart only. They were not expected to work with any other provider. These instruments have since been removed in new databases as Barchart will have a different solution.

The cryptocurrency instruments also will not function with FXCM since FXCM is a forex-only connection. If you want to view cryptocurrency data in NinjaTrader, please use a supported cyrptocurrency provider like Coinbase.
                            I answered this in post #4.

The crypto forex instruments were meant for use with Barchart only. They were not expected to work with any other provider. These instruments have since been removed in new databases as Barchart will have a different solution.

The cryptocurrency instruments also will not function with FXCM since FXCM is a forex-only connection. If you want to view cryptocurrency data in NinjaTrader, please use a supported cyrptocurrency provider like Coinbase.

Comment

Hello, is BTCUSD currently the only cryptocurrency instrument type supported or coming through coinbase connection to ninjatrader? or can others be added
                              thanks

Comment

I was able to pull data for all instruments that are type 'cryptocurrency' in the platform when connected to Coinbase:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Brevo