FXCM Bitcoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Bitcoin

Hello, im trying to find what is the name symbol for BTC/USD and trade it in my Ninjatrader Platform with FXCM connection.

Few months ago i see that for US30 i had to add the @US30, i mean the " @ " before the name symbol.

Now for Bitcoin i cant find what is the correct name.. already contact to FXCM Support but they told me that answer can give me the Ninjatrader Support.

Can anyone help me how i can see the charts of BITCOIN (FXCM) in my Ninjatrader 8? Thank you.

Hello contrax,

Thank you for your note.

The name for the BTC/USD instrument for Forex should simply be BTCUSD. You can find this under Tools > Instruments along with the other crypo instruments if you search in the search bar.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
      Hello contrax,

Thank you for your note.

The name for the BTC/USD instrument for Forex should simply be BTCUSD. You can find this under Tools > Instruments along with the other crypo instruments if you search in the search bar.

Let us know if we may assist further.

In "INSTRUMENTS" i write BTCUSD and appears:

BTCUSD FOREX BTC/USD

and

BTCUSD CRYPTOCURRENCY BTC/USD

but when i create a chart with BTCUSD doesnt appears anything... i dont have any data.

Comment

The crypto forex instruments were meant for use with Barchart only. They were not expected to work with any other provider. These instruments have since been removed in new databases as Barchart will have a different solution.

The cryptocurrency instruments also will not function with FXCM since FXCM is a forex-only connection. If you want to view cryptocurrency data in NinjaTrader, please use a supported cyrptocurrency provider like Coinbase.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          The crypto forex instruments were meant for use with Barchart only. They were not expected to work with any other provider. These instruments have since been removed in new databases as Barchart will have a different solution.

The cryptocurrency instruments also will not function with FXCM since FXCM is a forex-only connection. If you want to view cryptocurrency data in NinjaTrader, please use a supported cyrptocurrency provider like Coinbase.

Already create the conection of Coinbase following that page. But i cant see the chart BTCUSD yet... I just try to open a chart with 240m chart and nothing. Daily Chart and nothing.

I have to do anything else?

Comment

Are you using the forex instrument or the cryptocurrency instrument? Lets make sure that we update your database so that the older symbols are removed.
            • Close any charts with crypto instruments selected
            • Disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
            • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
            • In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
            • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
            Now, when you restart, you should see that only BTCUSD cyptocurrency instrument is available.

Comment

Are you using the forex instrument or the cryptocurrency instrument? Lets make sure that we update your database so that the older symbols are removed.
              • Close any charts with crypto instruments selected
              • Disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
              • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
              • In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
              • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
              Now, when you restart, you should see that only BTCUSD cyptocurrency instrument is available.

Hello PatrickG, sorry for the delay.

I did that but not success... already tried to open a chart but nothing.

I upload a screenshot with the BTCUSD that appears in Instrument. (My connections are FXCM LIVE and COINBASE

Click image for larger version

Name:	btc.png
Views:	1037
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1038631

Comment

Ok, i open a 1 minute chart and it loads.

Now i change it to 240m and already have 3minutes in "Loading.."

Name:	btc2.png
Views:	1007
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1038637

Comment

Loaded but only this data.

Where i can see more data?

Name:	btc3.png
Views:	985
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1038642

Comment

It looks like you didn't follow my instructions to reset your instruments if you still see BTCUSD forex instrument. Please reset your instruments once again.

Also, I notice an issue with minute data from Coinbase as well. We'll in contact with Coinbase about the issue.

Comment

It looks like you didn't follow my instructions to reset your instruments if you still see BTCUSD forex instrument. Please reset your instruments once again.

Also, I notice an issue with minute data from Coinbase as well. We'll in contact with Coinbase about the issue.
                      Yes i followed exactly but im going to do it again.

Just one question, i should connect to FXCM LIVE connection and COINBASE Connection and then try to open the BTCUSD chart right?

Edit: Or first the COINBASE connection only?
                      Last edited by contrax; 11-05-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I did it again:

1) Disconnect

Name:	config1.png
Views:	971
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1038659

2) General Properties, Future expiries, Symbol mappings -> Update.

Name:	config2.png
Views:	1040
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1038660

3) Restart Ninjatrader, and then before i connect to FXCM or COINBASE... i check the Instruments and again, that appears. Should i add (Remove user added instruments) ?

Name:	config3.png
Views:	948
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1038661

Comment

As long as you're loading charts with the Cryptocurrency instrument and not the forex instrument, the connection order should be irrelevant since only Coinbase is mapped for use with those instruments.

I am not sure why your forex crypto instruments persist, but I suspect it is because I am running an internal build of the platform while you are on a public release. To be sure you're running the latest version, please go to Help > About. If you're not using 8.0.16.3, please update:
                          • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                          • Enter your license key and press Submit
                          • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
                          • Select 'Download'
                          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

As long as you're loading charts with the Cryptocurrency instrument and not the forex instrument, the connection order should be irrelevant since only Coinbase is mapped for use with those instruments.

I am not sure why your forex crypto instruments persist, but I suspect it is because I am running an internal build of the platform while you are on a public release. To be sure you're running the latest version, please go to Help > About. If you're not using 8.0.16.3, please update:
                            • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                            • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
                            • Select 'Download'

I just update instruments with the "Remove user added instruments.." and now its gone.. only the cryptocurrency appears.. but yes still "Loading.." or "Calculating.."

Ok im going to do that, right now i have 8.0.16.2.. going to update and doing the same thing.

Comment

• Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
                              • Select 'Download'
                              Ok, already have the 8.0.16.3.

Already did again the Instruments data update

Restart

Then open it, only coinbase connection and im trying to open the BTCUSD 60m Chart. Right now is in "Loading..."

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y  
                              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes