Wanting to only collect Daily, weekly and monthly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to only collect Daily, weekly and monthly

I am an swing trader of Stocks & ETFs. Is it possible to only connect to TD Ameritrade and only collect Daily, Weekly and Monthly data for a specific list of symbols? I would still like to collect tick data for Futures and Options.

Thanks for your time to reply.

John

TD Ameritrade only provides stock and index data to NinjaTrader, so if you wanted to collect Stock/ETF and futures data, you would need at least two connections. You can learn more about the supported data provides and the data they supply to NinjaTrader in the link below:

Options are not supported in the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

OK, I realize you do not support TD-Ameritrade for Futures, etc. But to get back to the first part of my question, In using NT8, it does support TDA with real-time ticks for stocks. I only want to start NT8 after the market closes and have it ONLY collect Daily, Weekly and Monthly data for the list of equities I have in my instrument DB / list. I do not want to collect Tick or Min data in my historical files as for my trading style, it is only wasting disk space, connectivity time and processing time. Is this possible to specify what time frames of data are collected for a symbol or group of symbols? If so, how do I do this. I did not see a way to specify what data is collected either by specific symbol or symbol type. Hope this makes sense top you.

John

Comment

You're not required to collect historical tick data, and this is not done automatically once NinjaTrader is connced. If you do not open a window which would collect tick data, then no tick data would be downloaded. It sounds like you would just want to open a daily chart of whatever instrument(s) you'd want to gather daily data for (weekly and monthly data is built from daily data).

You could also just manually download the data you want:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes