Error and chart freeze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error and chart freeze.

As of this morning, I try to load the platform, I get this message.......I click Ok, the platform loads but the charts get stuck loading. Help please?
    Attached Files

And now I cannot load the platform at all and get this message.
    I have had this message before which usually related to One Drive, but I do not have it installed, and have no other Cloud services on this pc.
    Attached Files

Comment

The first error is one we've been trying to isolate for some time and is typically related to editing a sim or live account in the accounts tab. Please clarify - is this the action which was occurring just prior to the first message? If not, can you describe the circumstances that immediately preceded the first messgae?

The second message means there is another program accessing NinjaTrader's files which is preventing NinjaTrader from loading. Based on the file path including 'OneDrive', I suspect OneDrive is the root issue there. OneDrive is a cloud storage and backup service provided by Microsoft. If OneDrive is backing up NinjaTrader files at the same time that NinjaTrader needs to use the file, this error can occur.

Does either the first or second issue occur if you restart your PC then open NinjaTrader?

Comment

Patrick,
        On the first, fyi fwiw, I believe I had this or related issue yesterday.
        (Perhaps) pertinent info, if the cause is eluding you....
        Background - When I started my second attempt with 8 I used the migration tool & it failed generating all sorts of spurious messages (many to do with failing or losing hds server connections).
        After much grief & rebutting 'it's your internet connection' etc, (I had a time-proven robust 7 installation side-by-side using same connection for years - no issues whatsoever) I went for a fresh install of 8 rather than migrate 7.
        I built everything one step at a time in a linear fashion & chose NOT to have connection on start up partly because of the hds server issues seen, despite the startup performance preference re: only loading data once, & especially as I have multiple data series & instruments loading on startup. But I have delays between chart opening to allow for this.
        Yesterday, I decided I would try having connection on launch. A total disaster. Hds server errors, charts failing to load, etc etc. Basically suggests failed connection unable to draw data off servers so chart Loading stalls & eventually either something gives up, usually me with the Task Manager kill switch. Indicators stripped from charts in their entirety, all sorts of carnage. I had exited & rebooted 8 numerous times, force closed in Task Manager (where often times it would still be running in background processes) opened workspaces one at a time etc. A day wasted. Very similar to the behaviour I started with here, when trying to use the migration tool.
        I happened across this thread.
        Restarted my pc (there was no other impact on my pc which is why I had no inkling that was appropriate action, nor would I expect software to be able to crater my pc) and everything is totally as it was beforehand, but with connection on startup working rather than manual. Hence only one data load.
        I don't recall any message instructing me to restart my pc when I changed the connection to connect on start up.
        I don't recall making any other changes. Experience is a brutal master and has taught me well.
        Just another day of do something ordinary, let the carnage ensue.
        Hope this helps.
        Kind regards,
        Bruce

Comment

Oh & no I don't have time to put the above into a step-by-step bulleted list of what I did.
          Unfortunately I don't get yesterday credited onto my lifespan, it is lost forever

Comment

Thanks for the insight, Bruce. If you were in contact with us about that issue via email, go ahead and forward this insight in an email to the person you were speaking with. If not, I've past this onto the QA Team for review.

Comment

Can I have remote support for this problem please.....I have re-intsalled and reset windows twice, I have had to uninstall and reinstall NT about 6 times in the last 2 days....I cant use the platform at all, it will not load and dsiplays that error message...when I switch it off and on, the platform loads up but is frozen....i have to get out by Task Manager.....I try to load it up and get the error message....I switch off and back on...the platform loads but the charts are frozen...I get out by task manager......I reload the platform but get the error message......I shut it down and restart...the platform loads but the charts are frozen.....I am getting dizzy ! Help please.

Comment

I dont believe it.....I wrote the post above and tried the platform out of curiousity and it loaded ok.

Comment

dmackay41, we can't provide remote support or really any detailed troubleshooting for complex non-intuitive issues via the forum. I recommend contacting us via email for issues such as these - PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888