Market Profile charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Profile charts

using Nymex RTH trading hours here. The candle sticks is showing a wick that is not shown on the Market Profile boxes. Is again only a graphical issue? Still I trade base on the graphical indications of the boxes so i'd like to understand what could I do to solve this problem.
    Attached Files

Based on your screenshot, your data provider supplies daily data with ETH (not RTH) hours/data, Daily data does not honor any particular trading hour template since daily data is just OHLCV. When you adjust the trading hours template in the data series and your volume profile is set to calculate on minute data, you're restricting the hours of the volume profile specifically.

If your desire is to not restrict the volume profile, you would want to change the data series trading hours back to '<use instrument settings>'.

If your desire is to restrict the data and the volume profile, you would need to build the chart from minute data. A 1440 minute chart will simulate a daily chart and also allow you to apply specific trading hours to it.

Comment

Kinetick does not provide data with RTH data?
      I'll try to simulate the daily chart as suggested by you. not sure I fully understand but i'll try first but to be clear I need a chart based only on the RTH time frame and prices during that time. 1440 minute won't solve the issue I think?
      Last edited by percma; 11-06-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Kinetick provides ETH daily data.

Let me try to explain another way:

Daily data cannot be manipulated via trading hours templates. Minute data can be manipulated via trading hours templates. If you want to restrict your data to RTH hours but plot a daily bar, you'll need to 'simulate' that bar with minute data. 1440 minutes = 24 hours = 1 day. A 1440 minute chart give you the ability to manipulate a daily bar built from minute data.

Comment

or maybe given the fact that I'm now a bit confused. could you tell me exactly the set up to have the Market Profile (type: price) for the RTH sessions (for CL on the nymex it would be 9:00 till 14:30 EST)

Comment

could you pls send me a screen shot of your setting in order to achieve that? many thanks

Comment

Here are the data series settings required.

The above settings produce this chart - a minute chart simulating a daily chart

When you add the Order Flow Volume Profile with the settings from your screenshot in your original post, you get this. Notice that there are no longer wicks extending beyond where the volume profile is being plotted.

Comment

fantastic! i'll do it in a short while an revert here if all solve. many thanks!!!

Comment

perfect. it works ok!

Comment

on the same them...what should I do if I wanto have on the same chart the daily profile as described above but also to be able to separate each 30' session. I need that for 2 reasons:
                    1. to be able to better define price action
                    2. in case I need to draw a specific profile using CTLR+3 and need to be sure I'm picking the time frames of the daily sessions
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-07_18-29-18.png
Views:	1415
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1038924
                    Attached Files

Comment

So if I understand correctly, it would be the same indicator but calculating on 30 minute bars instead of 1440 minute bars? Here is an example of what I think you want with the 30m and 1440m overlayed in the same chart panel.

Comment

on your not sure why the profile is built on the right (after market close) and facing the right. Basically I'd like to have the profile as we built before but also on the same pannel/chart I need to be able to see the boxes for each price printed on each 30' during RTH (as standard practice on Market profile analysis). I did get to something like that as my post above but I still find the wrong Profile charted since the last 30' goes on the following day Profile.
                        if you see the 2 attached screenshot you will see that on the 3rd profile I have the possibility to check the decompose the pattern of each 30'. In other software I would then be able develope a Composite profile of 1 or more days and picking the 30' of my choice. One solution in our case is to have at least the 30' boxes sovrapposed the daily profile and in this way I could do my calculation using Ctrl3. But I need to have first a correct profile charted. You helped me with the daily and now I need to have each 30' boxes on the same screen.
                        Many thanks
                        m
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the same chart as my example in post #11 but split into two separate panels instead of overlayed in one panel - there is one 1440m RTH data series with your Volume Profile settings applied, and another 30m RTH data series with the same Volume Profile applied - screenshot. Both the post #11 screenshot and this screenshot have the 'Nymex Energy RTH' trading hours template applied, so I don't understand what you mean when you say "profile is built on the right (after market close) and facing the right". Can you elaborate?

Comment

Hey Patrick,

Name:	2018-11-08_16-46-48.png
Views:	1398
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1039100Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-08_15-58-44.png
Views:	1462
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1039099 as per your chart...nornally the daily profile is built at the beginning of the session and slowly built from there or built at the right side of the chart but facing backwards. not sure how you get to your. but really I would just like to have something like mine but correct given the problem with RTH trading hours
                            - i'd like to preserve the format I have of the 30' boxes tight close to each others and the daily below
                            - i'd like to understand why for the 5th of November I do get serveral boxes of different time frames in the same column (I use tick by tick) as per my second screenshot here.

Also attaching the 2 set ups I use

Name:	2018-11-08_16-24-55.png
Views:	1365
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1039101Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-08_16-25-22.png
Views:	1308
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1039102Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-08_16-23-56.png
Views:	1398
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1039103

many thanks!

Comment

I am getting my volume profiles in both data series in my screenshots in post #13 by using the exact settings you provided a screenshot for in post #1.

i'd like to preserve the format I have of the 30' boxes tight close to each others and the daily below

Since NinjaTrader build's its bars based on the closing time of the bar, this is why you're seeing the 1440m bar line up with the last bar of the session in the 30m data series. If you keep the 30m and 1440m data series in separate chart windows instead of in the same chart window/panel, the 1440m data series will likely act more closely to what you're expecting. its not possible to align the Volume Profile to print the information from right to left. It is only possible for the Volume Profile to print from left to right.

i'd like to understand why for the 5th of November I do get serveral boxes of different time frames in the same column (I use tick by tick) as per my second screenshot here.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

You're saying that there are unexpected boxes when using 'resolution = tick', not 'resolution = minute'? There is a known issue (13276) in which 'resolution = minute' may create an unexpected box which will be resolved in an upcoming version of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                              19 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Radano
                              by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes