• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Labeled Lines Drawing Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labeled Lines Drawing Tool

Hi

The Label Line Drawing tool written by Ninja Trader _Jim seems to have some issues with the latest release 8.0.16.3. I get this error and I notice that all of the changes to a line to not get saved when saving a given profile.

Is Jim working on an updated to this useful tool?

james 108

Hello James108,

Thanks for the message.

I haven't seen any errors or issues when I have tested. Could you make sure that you are on the latest version of the DrawingTool I put out and could you give me some steps I could follow to hit this issue?

Here's a link to the Drawing Tool on our User App Share - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

Thanks in advance, I'll be happy to look into any issue that you can show me how to hit.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim

Two things I noticed on the Labeled Arrow Line if i add text to the label and then save it as default the Text does not persist. also the label obscures the arrow head.. I did not test the other line to see it Text persist after saving a new default

Comment

Hello James108,

Text will not save with the template. This was done purposefully.

You can change Text Horizontal Offset and save it as a "Default" template to move the offset of the label between the start and end points.

I'd be interested in steps to reproduce the OnRender() errors if you can encounter them with the latest version I posted.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Comment

thanks Jim

i don't understand why Text would not be saved, this is a useful feature to be able to save a number of preset lines for different events Target 1, Target 2, Entry, etc. i can see how that might have made sense prior to ver 8.0.16.x which allows saving multiple setups.

Do you disagree?

thanks

James 108

Comment

Hello James108,

When I put it together my thoughts were to treat modifying the text as a note that gets added to the label. Since a note would be subjective to a particular line, I decided to prevent text from being saved with the template. This is the same behavior with the Text drawing tool.

You could comment line 510 [ExcludeFromTemplate] and then the text will save with the template.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Nate G, Yesterday, 04:21 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Nate G
            by Nate G

Started by Jschmelz, Yesterday, 04:45 PM
            1 response