Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labeled Lines Drawing Tool

Hi

The Label Line Drawing tool written by Ninja Trader _Jim seems to have some issues with the latest release 8.0.16.3. I get this error and I notice that all of the changes to a line to not get saved when saving a given profile.

Is Jim working on an updated to this useful tool?

james 108

Hello James108,

Thanks for the message.

I haven't seen any errors or issues when I have tested. Could you make sure that you are on the latest version of the DrawingTool I put out and could you give me some steps I could follow to hit this issue?

Here's a link to the Drawing Tool on our User App Share - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

Thanks in advance, I'll be happy to look into any issue that you can show me how to hit.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim

Two things I noticed on the Labeled Arrow Line if i add text to the label and then save it as default the Text does not persist. also the label obscures the arrow head.. I did not test the other line to see it Text persist after saving a new default

Comment

Hello James108,

Text will not save with the template. This was done purposefully.

You can change Text Horizontal Offset and save it as a "Default" template to move the offset of the label between the start and end points.

I'd be interested in steps to reproduce the OnRender() errors if you can encounter them with the latest version I posted.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Comment

thanks Jim

i don't understand why Text would not be saved, this is a useful feature to be able to save a number of preset lines for different events Target 1, Target 2, Entry, etc. i can see how that might have made sense prior to ver 8.0.16.x which allows saving multiple setups.

Do you disagree?

thanks

James 108

Comment

Hello James108,

When I put it together my thoughts were to treat modifying the text as a note that gets added to the label. Since a note would be subjective to a particular line, I decided to prevent text from being saved with the template. This is the same behavior with the Text drawing tool.

You could comment line 510 [ExcludeFromTemplate] and then the text will save with the template.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Hello,

I am looking for a way to label some of my drawing tools, especially a "Region Highlight Y".
              To my understanding the mentioned add-on only works for lines...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello SafruAI,

Yes, this AddOn only expands current Line Drawing Tools so a label is added. It is not compatible with Region Hilight Y. Someone could decide to make a duplicate of that Drawing Tool with modifications to add a label.

If you are interested in hiring someone to make a customized version of this tool, we can have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with additional information on NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to do so.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Jim,
                  I'm using Labeled Horizontal Lines, extensively, as I keep old support and resistance levels, on my oil charts, but if I look at the Ninjascript Utilization Monitor, its one of the highest users ,on the list. This is at the time when futures are closed and I'm not moving the lines, and the update is set to bar close, so I don't understand how it is continuing to use resources when I'm not moving/updating lines, or that the screen isn't changing, this is not the only time its high on the list, this is also true when the market is active. Please help me understand this, and thank you for coding this in the first place
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	1107
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1070137
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello derslyr,

Welcome to the forums!

This is actually the LabelHorizontalLines indicator which sounds similar to the Labeled Lines DrawingTool. The DrawingTool will note ChartObjects in the Utilization Monitor. The indicator will loop through all drawing objects on the chart with each render pass. This would be required for it to function properly, but there can certainly be some optimizations made for improvement.

As this was provided by our NinjaScript team, I will be opening a task to look into optimizations with this indicator. I can't offer an ETA and there still will likely be some performance impact, but we will see what can be improved.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Hi Jim,

Found a bug in which the labels don't line up with lines when indicators are move to the top of window, you must be using the top as a reference,
                      and with the indicators at the top, you need to swap to a bottom reference. IMHO

Thanks for your work

Comment

Thanks for the report!

I will have to work on this as a back burner task, but I do appreciate the feedback and I will work on this when I can.

Thanks for using this tool!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Waxavi
                        by Waxavi