Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to uninstall and do a fresh install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to uninstall and do a fresh install?

I tried to upgrade to the latest release and ran into compiler errors. I uninstalled NT8 in the control panel and removed all the files in the NT folder. Then I reboot the machine. Even then NT somehow finds my old configuration with all the screens and reloads the old setup. I did notice some reference in the registry but I don't want to mess with the registry.

This upgrade led to a host of compiler errors. I can't find any of the files that are referred to in the compiler error in the "indicator" folder or in the editor. Even the indicators that were imported before have disappeared when I try to select them in the chart window, even though I can seem them in the editor. A fresh install seems to be the best way forward. I have included the first 10 errors below. Thanks.

NinjaScript File Error
    NinZaKarthikDynamicRSI_NT8.cs The type or namespace name 'ninZaKarthikDynamicRSI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    NinZaKarthikDynamicRSI_NT8.cs The type or namespace name 'ninZaKarthikDynamicRSI_MAType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    NinZaKarthikDynamicRSI_NT8.cs 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Indicator.ninZ aKarthikDynamicRSI(int, int, double, double, ninZaKarthikDynamicRSI_MAType)' is a 'method' but is used like a 'type'
    NinZaKarthikDynamicRSI_NT8.cs The type or namespace name 'ninZaKarthikDynamicRSI_MAType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    NinZaKarthikDynamicRSI_NT8.cs 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Indicator.ninZ aKarthikDynamicRSI(int, int, double, double, ninZaKarthikDynamicRSI_MAType)' is a 'method' but is used like a 'type'
    NinZaMovingMedian_NT8.cs The type or namespace name 'ninZaMovingMedian' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    NinZaMovingMedian_NT8.cs The type or namespace name 'ninZaMovingMedian_MAType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    NinZaMovingMedian_NT8.cs 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Indicator.ninZ aMovingMedian(int, bool, ninZaMovingMedian_MAType, int, int)' is a 'method' but is used like a 'type'
    NinZaMovingMedian_NT8.cs The type or namespace name 'ninZaMovingMedian_MAType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Hellol jjones431,

Thank you for your note.

If you right click in the Editor > select References, do you see existing references to these items in this window? If so, I would suggest removing these references one by one and then compiling once more (right click in Editor > Compile)

Let me know if the errors persists.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. The "reference" window looks like this http://www.screencast.com/t/RJF9fhbDQ2

There is no reference to code from NinZaKarthikDynamicRSI_NT8.cs and NinZaMovingMedian_NT8.cs. Instead of debugging this NT8 install really would prefer to do a fresh install. Is there any way to do a total uninstall? Thanks.

Comment

Hello jjones431,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
        • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That all worked like a charm. In the "Documents" folder I have "Ninja Trade 8 Backup" from 7/12/2017 and "Ninja Trader 8 old" from yesterday along with of course the "Ninja Trader 8" and "DTN". Now that everything is running is it ok to go ahead and delete the first two folders that I mentioned above leaving only the "DTN" & "Ninja Trader 8" folders? Thanks.
          Last edited by jjones431; 11-09-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Hello jjones431,

Thank you for your note.

Yes you may delete these folders ('NinjaTrader 8 Backup' and NinjaTrader 8.Old') without effecting your new installation.

These folders contain your old settings, templates, 3rd party add-ons, Config, and Database files.

If you wish to restore to these later then I would not recommend deleting these folders.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses