Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert on indicator on a background data set

Hi!

On my charts I use two data sets. One where the bars are visible and typically in 240 minute timeframe, and a second one that is overlaid in the same panel that is invisible on the daily. I have moving average indicators calculated off the daily bars. End result is I can see "daily moving averages" no matter what time frame I use.

My problem is that I'm trying to set up alerts for when the price crosses the MA, however when that condition finally occurred, I did not get alerted. I know it's not a problem with the share service I'm using because I confirmed that.

I added a screenshot to show what I did that did not work. Can anyone advise on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

enzo
    Attached Files

Hello enzo_,

Thank you for your note.

It appears that you have "if all" selected which will only trigger the alert if all your conditions were met which would not be possible. I suggest changing this to "if any" and you should be able to successfully trigger your alert.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if any further questions come up.

Comment

Oh darn. No wonder. I had this same group of alerts setup for 8 other charts and this was the only one where I failed to change to "any". And it was the only one where the condition was triggered too so far. That could very well be it.

If I put one condition that uses "equals" rather than two conditions that uses "crosses above" and "crosses below", would that be the same thing? I only did the latter because I wasn't certain if the former would work. That would be better if I could use equals because then I'd have less chance of making that mistake again. And less configuration overall for future charts too.

Thanks for the amazing support!

Comment

Hello enzo_,

Thank you for the feedback, we are always happy to help.

Using the "equals" relational operator would not be exactly the same because it would only trigger if the values were specifically equal whereas the CrossAbove/CrossBelow relational operators would trigger as long as the values crossed above or below the specified value.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes