Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New NT8 Destroyed My Charts & Workspace

Hello,

Not sure what happened with the new version of NT8, but it is not a pretty picture for me.

I launched NT8 earlier, after installing the new updated version, and got the following error message:

Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files.

I launched NT8 again to see if I would get that error message again, but I did not, so I thought everything was fine.

Then just a while ago I launched NT8 and saw that the charts in my workspace have basically been destroyed. Key indicators are missing from my charts. I have no volume bars on some charts, no Equivolume bars on other charts, my settings have changed, and so on.

And at least one of my chart templates is missing. And reloading my other chart templates does not resolve anything.

I plan to restore a previous backup file to undo this nightmare.

Please don't tell me that will create additional problems...

Screenshots attached,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by i2w8am9ii2; 12-08-2017, 12:06 AM.

The Nightmare Worsens... You're kidding me, right?

Hello,

Trying to restore a backup file did nothing to fix the problem.

So I uninstalled the newest version of NT8 and installed the previous version that I have, version 8.0.9.0... and now I'm presented with more error messages and NinjaTrader 8 will not even launch for me.

Screenshots attached.

Ninjatrader 8 has been a very depressing experience; I hope you folks figure it out some day soon.

I am extremely close to switching back to NT7, which means the nightmare of re-creating my new NT8 charts, templates and workspaces from scratch again.
    Attached Files

Comment

No problems here yet.

Did you recompile your custom assemblies?

Comment

Hi Sledge,

Thanks for your reply.

Good for you. I wish I didn't have problems too.

No, I did not recompile my custom assemblies, as I don't even know what that is. I don't write any scripts, program or do anything but trade.

You don't have to be a programmer to trade with NT8, correct?

Comment

I just used Revo Uninstaller to completely remove NT8, then I tried reinstalling NT8 version 8.0.9.0, but I got the same error messages and it will not launch, once again.

So I uninstalled NT8 again and installed version 8.0.8.0. But I got the same error messages when trying to launch NT8, once again.

So now I can't even launch or trade with NT8, period.

Comment

Yikes.... I hope not.

Do you have stuff you downloaded/installed?

Comment

Originally posted by i2w8am9ii2 View Post
              I just used Revo Uninstaller to completely remove NT8, then I tried reinstalling NT8 version 8.0.9.0, but I got the same error messages and it will not launch, once again.

So I uninstalled NT8 again and installed version 8.0.8.0. But I got the same error messages when trying to launch NT8, once again.

So now I can't even launch or trade with NT8, period.
              Go to My Documents

Rename NinjaTrader 8 folder to NinjaTrader 8_old. (I don't want to be responsible for you losing something you saved, lol).

Run 8.0.11.0 installer

and then run NT8. It should work.

Comment

Hi Sledge,

Yes, I have backup files of the indicators I installed, my template files, workspaces, and so on.

But they are not of much help, if I cannot launch NT8...

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

If you can't run NinjaTrader 8 after renaming the NinjaTrader 8 folder under Documents and then running the 8.0.11.0 installer as sledge instructed, please send me all your log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the locations below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, New NT8 Destroyed My Charts & Workspace' in the subject header.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your help Sledge,

NT8 does start now (I installed the previous version), and luckily I also have a backup of the configuration file too.

But I think I have to reinstall all my indicators, as I have none but the basic Moving Averages on my charts now.
                    Last edited by i2w8am9ii2; 12-08-2017, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jason,

I am making some progress now, after doing what Sledge suggested.

I will see if my indicators show up on my charts after installing them now.

Comment

After re-installing my indicators, and reloading my chart templates, my charts are back to normal (on the previous version of NT8).

But I lost all of my NT8 accounts that I created.

Is there a file I can copy over from the NinjaTrader folder that I named 'NinjaTrader 8_old' to retrieve the SIM accounts that I created (and preferably also my trading stats)?

Comment

Additional created simulation accounts are saved in the database. You can find the database at NinjaTrader 8-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf file (SQL Server Compact Edition Database File). Please transfer it while NinjaTrader is shut down.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I disconnected and shut down NT8 and then moved the current NinjaTrader.sdf file to my desktop.

After that I moved a backup copy dated 12/7/17 into the db folder, but then I got an error message and NT8 crashed.

I have another database backup file dated 11/10/2017, I will try it now.

Screenshot of the error message that I received is attached.
                            Attached Files

Comment

If this will not work, do you perhaps have a backup file that contains the database? If so, please restore the backup file at Control Center-->Tools-->Import-->Backup File and check if this allows you to restore your simulation accounts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes