• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I use a SMA from another input series/chart on my fast tick charts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use a SMA from another input series/chart on my fast tick charts?

Hi,

I have a few fast tick charts I'm using. I'd be interested in experimenting with using moving averages from slower minute charts (5-minute) on my tick charts. Basically plotting an indicator on one chart using another series as input. Is this possible in an easy way?

I tried to implement this by adding a 5-minute chart time series to my existing tick chart. Then I could add the indicator to this chart and output it to the tick chart. But I wouldn't want to have two time series on my chart. I tried deleting the 5-minute chart, but that removed both the 5-minute AND the indicator.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Johnny,

To add an indicator based off of a 5 minute chart, plotted over a tick chart, please follow the instructions below:

* First create a tick chart as usual (New > Chart...)
    * Right click within your chart window and select Data Series...
    * Add a second data series, the same instrument as your tick chart, but set the parameters to be a 5 minute chart
    * You should now see two-paneled chart with a tick chart on top and 5 minute below
    * Next, right click and select Indicators... Find your indicator in the top left hand corner, and click New to add it.
    * In the parameters to the right, set your Input Series to your 5 minute data series (Close)
    * Set your Panel to 1,and click OK
    * Next, move your pointer to the right of your price axis (y-axis) on the top panel of your chart window, and right click>Maximize.

You now should see a tick chart, with an indicator plotted over it based off of a 5 minute Data series.

If I may be of further assistance, please let me know.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear, Kate,

That worked great! Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day.

Johnny

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by woodyfox, Yesterday, 08:33 PM
      0 responses