Basic ATM question re scaling in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic ATM question re scaling in

If my normal Chart Trader entry is 2 lots with an ATM strategy and I then wish to scale in a single lot with slightly different stop and target parameters, is the only way to do this to have another chart of the same instrument with both charts' strategy selection parameters set to "Display selected ATM only" ? Original 2 lot entry on one chart, scale-in single lot entry on the other.

In the past I always scaled in an additional 2 lot with the same parameters as the initial 2 lot entry, so selected "Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission", allowing me to manage the trades on a single chart.

If your intention is to add a new contract without using the same profit target/stop loss, then you're not 'scaling in' to that original/active ATM strategy. You would either:
    • Select the desired template from the ATM control list then submit your entry order (this is the manual method)
      • This will create a second 'active' ATM strategy
    • Change your 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' to 'Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission' as you mentioned
    Perhaps I'm not understanding what is happening right now which is undesired. Could you elaborate further about what you're currently doing and what you'd like to do?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gbourque