Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't find equity symbol CWEN.A (there is already a CWEN which is a class C symbol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find equity symbol CWEN.A (there is already a CWEN which is a class C symbol)

Hi,
    I have a bit of a problem with the latest version of Ninjatrader 8. I cant bring up the equity symbol CWEN.A using Kinetick.

According to IQFeed their feed has two symbols:
    SYMBOL DESCRIPTION EXCHANGE SECURITY TYPE LISTED MARKET
    CWEN.A CLEARWAY ENERGY INC CLASS A NYSE EQUITY NYSE
    CWEN CLEARWAY ENERGY INC CLASS C NYSE EQUITY NYSE
    I've looked at the Instruments table and indeed CWEN (which is essentially a C class but without the ".C") is there but not CWEN.A.
    I've refreshed the instruments database but am still not picking up the CWEN.A symbol.

Has anyone seen an issue like this? Is this a bug?
    Thanks,
    iq

Hello,

Thank you for your post. NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      There are close to 7000 stocks listed on the US markets. If you're saying that only the most popular ones are available, I can imagine several thousand need to be added?? Is there a fast way to do this or are you implying that Ninjatrader is not suitable for Equity traders?
      It is sheer madness for a trader to have to check/add against the list of available stocks. Do you or Kinetick have a database available for all US equities that I could 'plug in' to my Ninjatrader.
      Thanks,
      iq
      Last edited by iq200; 11-19-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Lists of stocks may be imported via Tools > Import > Stock List... There are not instrument databases of this nature available via our site or Kinetick at this time. See the below section of our help guide for details on importing stocks lists.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK Thank-you. That might work. I'll test and get back to you.

Comment

Hi - Just to let you know that I was able to get the process using import to work.
            Thanks for your help.
            Regards,
            iq

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM