TDAmeritrade missing from "Available connections"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDAmeritrade missing from "Available connections"

Per this article https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide, I should be able to configure TDAmeritrade with NinjaTrader, however it's missing from the "Available connections" box. See attached screenshot. Please help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1336
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1040216

Comment

Hello xsgex,

Thank you for the post.

This is most likely related to your License Key not being enabled for this technology. Please email us with a copy of your License Key at PlatformSales[at]NinjaTrader.com so that we may investigate this further.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
      Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello if one has a working connection to Tdameritrade via NT8 what should one expect the Historical data to show? Meaning, I have connected to my tdameritrade account but there is not much back data, for minute charts. Is there a setting that I need to adjust?

TIA

ps sorry if wrong place but with the new forum I have looked and can't find any input on how to create new thread nor why when I hit "back" on the browser it takes me back to a place I never was! LOL

Comment

Hello billywantstoknow.

Thank you for your post.

Please increase the number of days loaded in your chart by right-clicking on your chart > Data series > Increase the number of days to load > Click OK.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
            Hello billywantstoknow.

Thank you for your post.

Please increase the number of days loaded in your chart by right-clicking on your chart > Data series > Increase the number of days to load > Click OK.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
            Hi Shawn appreciate the help but need more I am looking at a chart on thinkorswim(tdameritrade) for a OTC stock the chart that shows all in TOS the other chart is what NT8 brings up in Ninja Trader 8 v17 it shows this (trying attach pic)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	nt8v17.png Views:	1 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	1047225Click image for larger version  Name:	samechart Thinkorswim.png Views:	1 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	1047226
            Last edited by billywantstoknow; 02-05-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Hello billywantstoknow.

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2066977, Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
              Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello billywantstoknow,

We did not receive your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 2066977' in the subject line.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in your email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

just wanted to post back here in case someone else experiences what I did in my above post.
                  I read in this thread
                  I'm trying to monitor penny stocks, which in Thinkorswim are displayed with four significant figures after the decimal point. However, MarketDataEventArgs.Last

a post by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ post #2 quote:

"
                  Please use the steps below to change the tick size for your instrument:
                  • Go to the Control Center
                  • Tools->Instruments
                  • Select your instrument in the list
                  • Click edit
                  • Select 0.0001 from the Tick size drop down
                  • Click Ok
                  • Click Ok "

and it solved my issue
                  Thanks

Comment

to bring up a old thread but here it is ....
                    Why is it in Ninja Trader I must go into settings blah.... and change stuff when ETDAmeritrade,TOS,Esignal all have it done for me--meaning automatically. I enter a symbol and the Chart that appears is correct, decimals and all LOL not funny.
                    So to my point---Is there something I can do that will make Ninja Trader load the correct chart without adjusting Price and Exchange in "instrument mgr"
                    Next number 2
                    Why do I have to enter "symbols" manually does NT not have the capability to load all stocks and futures that are available on the publicly accessed internet?
                    E.G, above mentioned platforms dont require me to enter symbols manually..(meaning AKA the instrument manager) heck they don't even have one Thank Goodness
                    . I simply enter the symbol and a proper chart comes up--WOW what a concept.
                    I realize you are more of a third party platform before but now that you are a brokerage do you think any of my concerns will ever be addressed?

Disclaimer: I have accounts with above mentioned BU"T was wondering what the Mentality of NT is--meaning I don't need you and certainly you dont't need me but nevertheless why don't you get with the era/program and simplify $hit for End-Users vs programmers.
                    Thanks take care
                    Last edited by billywantstoknow; 04-15-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

First, I'd like to preface this with the fact this I am providing general information. Also, you mention 'instrument manager' which makes me think you're referring to NinjaTrader 7 while this is a NinjaTrader 8 thread. If your question is regarding custom instrument configuration in NinjaTrader 7, please post a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum with more specific information on how we may assist you.

The main reason what you're describing is required is because there are thousands and thousands of symbols which NinjaTrader does not include in it's database. The main reason NinjaTrader doesn't have ever single possible instrument is that the vast majority of our users do not utilize these instruments and including them would unnecessarily bloat the platform. The current behavior keeps the platform 'slim'.

Also, NinjaTrader can connect to multiple different brokers and data feeds as you mention which all have their own unique way of providing data. The platforms you mention have the luxury of being in house', meaning they are the data provider and the platform creator.

There is no way to automatically configure instruments in the way you suggest. Each custom instrument would require custom creation/mapping.

Comment

Ok thanks for the response
                        Then How can I do it in NT8?

with all the typing you did would've not been easier to just tell me how to do it? Versus making excuses!
                        Last edited by billywantstoknow; 04-16-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Previously, I understood your question as "why doesn't NinjaTrader have all symbols" which is what I answered. Now, you're asking how to add custom symbols. Is that accurate?

Equities can be added to the NinjaTrader instrument database by typing the instrument symbol followed by the exchange into an open chart and pressing the "Enter" key on your keyboard. For example, you can type "IWM NYSE" to add ticker symbol "IWM" mapped to the NYSE.

You'll also find the ability to import whole stock lists here:

Keep in mind that different providers require different underlying mapping. If you need specific help with a specific symbol, please contact us via email with who you're connecting to and the information about the symbol you'd wish to see within NinjaTrader.

Comment

ha actually my first Q was
                            "So to my point---Is there something I can do that will make Ninja Trader load the correct chart without adjusting Price and Exchange in "instrument mgr"
                            • but thanks none the less No need to respond as I am happy sticking with the platforms I do have that don't require me to adjust decimals etc to produce a accurate chart regardless of the symbol as they take care of that for me which should be expected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                            31 responses
                            1 like
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick