Z-Order configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Order configuration

Does the order of the indicators in the configured indicators panel place those indicators on the chart in that order? Some of the indicators (including 3rd party) change order on the chart after I have set them using the shift/scroll method and saved the workspace. Some of the dynamic indicators seem to have a mind of their own placing themselves in an order that I have not set them to as they come and go. I cannot seem to get a handle on how to set these so they stay. Seems the platform should have the final control over how the indicators are displayed and they should stay where they are set and saved. Am I wrong?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

When you first apply indicators to the chart, the order in which they're listed in the 'configured' list matters and can be adjusted. After they've been applied and you're manipulating the Z-order via the CTRL+mouse wheel, that takes precedence.

What you're describing doesn't sound expected. Can you reproduce what you're reporting? If so, how would I reproduce it?

Comment

Thx Patrick. The version is 8.0.16.3 but it acted the same way on earlier versions. After looking at this closer, the problem that exists is actually with a 3rd party Ninjacators indicator, Real-time Supply and Demand. As it is printed it will show up in front of other indicators that I have placed in front of it in the z-order. I will then move it to the back and readjust but at some point will reposition itself forward. I have it placed last in the configuration and will move it manually and save it that way, but it will move again. Doesn’t the NT platform have control over all the indicators? Can an indicator be programmed to override that? Not a real big deal, just annoying.

Comment

Yes, it is possible for a custom add-on to override Z-order control based on its programming. Please contact the developer to see if there is any way to address this inconvenience, and let me know what they report.

Comment

I contacted the developer and was told that there was a new version to install with the updated NT8 version . I did that but it acts the same way. It is a dynamic indicator and will update/print as the price moves throughout the session. It is when the the indicator prints that it changes it's position in the z-order. I was told that they don't have any other complaints with the indicator and they have no intention of of making any changes. So be it. It is not very hard to manually add these support zones on the charts so I will just remove this annoyance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive