There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine

Does anyone know what this is all about. Error message when trying to buy ZF at the market. There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine. This is on a sim account on NT 8. I the charts are plotting and I have been buying and selling previously today ?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Are you connected to a demo futures data feed? If so, I don't believe there is real-time data for the ZF from that feed. While the futures demo provides real-time data for many of the most popular US futures, it does not provide real-time data for all futures,

Do trades work to other instruments? For example, CL 01-19 or ES 12-18?

Comment

Hi

Version 8.0.16.2 64-bit

Yes I am on a demo feed and yes, everything else works fine, I can place orders on all other instruments, ZF was working earlier on, its given up the ghost now though, still plots the chart though

Comment

Please clarify - you could place orders to ZF previously but you now cannot? However, you do observe real-time printing in a ZF chart (not just historical only)?

What ZF expiry have you selected? For example, ZF 12-18

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Other than the error you mentioned, do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

ZF has now stopped plotting,it stopped 25 min ago but has been plotting since market open, it was on a 5 minute candlestick chart.
          I have selected 12-18, as I say it was working before.
          Error message in log is - FVAZ18 is not enabled for real time quotes and trading

Comment

The message you've quoted is informing us that the connection is not enabled for real-time ZF 12-18 data. It is strange that this would change while connected to the same data feed and not changing anything about that data feed or connecting another/different data feed. Perhaps an instrument reset will resolve:
            1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
            2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
            3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
            4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Comment

Hi, Did as instructed, futures expiries was not ticked, restarted but still no joy, Same error message and chart does not plot

Comment

Your connection does not have real-time data for the ZF, and this is what I would expect with a demo. However, if you were experiencing something different and to confirm your platform information, I would need more specific information from you. Please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum thread and '2010746 ATTN Patrick G' in the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes