Ninjascript Error after updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Error after updating

Please see attached. This is the error that I am getting when I am trying to import a new add on. I updated ninjatrader and it deleted some of my indicators and I am trying to get them back but it is giving me this error.

Hello suchy37,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send attach a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To take a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.
    Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Please see attached screenshoot. Not sure how to fix this. It says Choppinessindex.cs The namespace "Ninjatrader.NinjaScript.indicators' already contains a definition for Choppinessindex Line 26 column 18

Comment

Also, the indicators that I am missing are still showing up in ninjascript Editor under the indicators. But, they are not showing up available when I am trying to put them on the chart. Please help me with this as well as the error message I sent you a screenshoot also. Thanks for the help

Comment

Received this error after updating also

Comment

Hello suchy37,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you reach out to me at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so I may schedule a remote support session with you?

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I just sent it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Gerik
              by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM