Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace - 'Remove' and 'Recover/Restore' clarification

Hello,
    'Remove a Workspace' says 'any remove operation cannot be undone'.
    'Recovering Workspaces' says we can 'recover a previously saved version of your workspace' using 'Restore Workspace', with a Default of 10, variable.

Could you kindly clarify what this means, as to me it is somewhat ambiguous. What I want to do is remove the entry in the Workspace drop-down menu, but not irrevocably remove the Workspace from my system. I can retain the ability via Backup anyhow I guess, but I'm guessing this is legacy Help not keeping up with the newly added Workspace Recovery capability - if I Remove a Workspace that can in fact now be undone, using Restore Workspace?

So, if I use Remove, it will disappear from the list but not from Recovery, retaining (by default) the 10 most recent saves, should I wish to re-instate?

Kind regards

Bruce

Removing the workspace via the Workspaces menu also removes all associated workspace recovery files. The recovery tool is meant to restore a currently-existing workspace to a prior state. It is not designed to recover workspaces which you've manually removed. I'll bring this to the attention of the Product Management Team to see if they feel that this could be clarified further.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Comment

Hello Patrick and thanks.
      Glad I asked.
      So is there a (simple & trouble-free) way of getting them out of the Menu List without deleting them irrevocably? If I just move those I don't want visible out of the (Windows) Workspaces Folder and/or rename to an 'archive' or similar folder will that do the trick?
      Simply put, I'd like to clean up the menu list clutter without/before dispensing with them completely, restoring from a Backup isn't ideal, but I don't want to do something that might cause other problems, say with the _workspaces.xml file, for example.
      Kind regards
      Bruce

Comment

With NinjaTrader shut down, you could manually remove the file(s) from the NinjaTrader 8/workspaces folder and placing them on your desktop or in a folder outside of the NinjaTrader should do what your'e looking for. Placing the workspace file back in the NinjaTrader 8/workspaces folder would add the workspace back into the Workspaces menu in the platform.

Comment

Thanks Patrick, that's what I needed to know. Don't like to 'tinker under the hood' without confirming first.
          kind regards
          Bruce

Comment

Job done. If I hadn't asked probably would have done without shutting NT. Schoolboy error.
            Thanks

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3646. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post techgetgame  
              Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sephichapdson