Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading hours problem in daily chart

Hi,

Please, refer to the attached. The problem I have is in the ES12-18 daily chart (I haven't tried in different instrument).

Refer to the last bar in the daily chart: it is a big bear bar starting at the prior bar's close. If you now look to the 5 min chart, the said bear bar should be instead a doji with a big gap down with the bar before.

The problem comes with the trading hours parameter, as you can see in the attached too, I selected the RTH session but it shows the chart using the ETH session instead. In fact, if I select the ETH trading hours, there is no change atl all in the chart.

Please, check it out and let me know what to do to solve this problem

Hello ludopuig,

Daily bars come fully formed from the data provider and cannot have the trading hours template applied.

Instead, if you use a 1440 Minute chart (there are 1440 minutes in a day) this will build a day bar using minute data and will allow for the Trading hours template to be effective.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer... there is the same problem with the weekly chart... I tried the 7200 min chart (1440 x 5) but it prints the same than the 1440. Any solution?

Comment

Hello ludopuig,

Is Break at EOD checked?

Comment

It was checked and once unchecked the chart changed. For daily charts you told me to use 1440 minutes. How many minutes do I have to use for the weekly charts? I used 10080 (1440 x 7) and seem to work but because yesterday was a small day it seems to have broken the sync and this week's bar is wrong. What can I do?

Comment

Hello ludopuig,

Your trading hours template would need to remove individual days. (As I don't think you have multiple days defined without one of them being set as the End of Day which causes Break at End of Day to break that bar when the trading hours template ends)

Just unchecking Break at EOD would give you a 10080 bar, however, this would continue building until that bar was actually that size and would be larger than a week. You are basically wanting the trading hours template to limit the size of the bar to not a true 10080, but no larger than 10080 that is shaped by the trading hours template.

Comment

Sorry Chelsea, but I don't understand... is it possible or not? if it is possible, please, let me know the steps clearly (sorry again for my broken English)!

Comment

Hello ludopuig,

On further review this would not be possible as trading hours templates cannot have a session defined larger than 24 hours.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the development to consider allowing for sessions larger than 24 hours to be defined.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will forward this to you for future reference.

Comment

Ok, this was the problem I was getting too... thanks anyway...

Comment

Hello ludopuig,

I've received tracking ID# SFT-2566 for this request to define a session in a Trading Hours template larger than 24 hours.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback on this.

Comment

Hi!

How can be known if this feature request has been added in NT8? Will it appear in the release notes "fixed" or "new features" chapter (can be seen as both, IMO)

By the way, do you know if there are any plans to do it?

Thanks,

Comment

Hello ludopuig,

All new features and bug fixes will appear in the release notes in the help guide.

We are not able to provide if development plans to implement a feature.

Comment

any news about the request D# SFT-2566? Do you know if it has been included in the roadmap or still on the to-do list? thanks

Comment

Hello ludopuig,

SFT-2566 has not been implemented at this time.

The feature request is still a feature request in our tracking system.

A feature request may or may not be implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                            Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                            9 responses