Announcement popups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement popups

I have asked multiple times and I need you to push this to the top of the request list.

Announcements in NT8 should only produce 1 popup for each message and subsequent ones should only be put in the log. Many of us run the application on a VM to ensure our autotrading runs uninterrupted but when I log in at the end of the week, I have close to as many as 100 popups which are often only 2-3 of the same.

Your devs are more than capable of only launching one and it would be very helpful if you provided a message option to suppress all messages to the log.

please make this change.

Thanks for the feedback.I have forwarded your feedback to the Development Team.

The Development Team is also curious what version of NinjaTrader 8 you're using. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Thanks for the feedback.I have forwarded your feedback to the Development Team.

The Development Team is also curious what version of NinjaTrader 8 you're using. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)
      .10 - I will upgrade to .11 this weekend.

Comment

Recurring Popup

Have been getting the popup below for 3 or so days now even tho I always checked the box...in Ninja 8 version 11....

thanks....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Alfred; 12-13-2017, 11:01 AM. Reason: fix

Comment

There have been two separate marketing messages sent to clients. Even if you hit 'do not show' on the first one, you would have received this second one.

Have you recently made any changes to your NinjaTrader installation? This could also cause the marketing messages to appear more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            There have been two separate marketing messages sent to clients. Even if you hit 'do not show' on the first one, you would have received this second one.
            Can you give us Lifetime peeps the option to suppress all messages?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, MarketAlly. I'll submit a feature request for this. I'll edit this post with a tracking number when I receive it. EDIT: the tracking number is SFT-2893
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-14-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarketAlly View Post
                I have asked multiple times and I need you to push this to the top of the request list.

Announcements in NT8 should only produce 1 popup for each message and subsequent ones should only be put in the log. Many of us run the application on a VM to ensure our autotrading runs uninterrupted but when I log in at the end of the week, I have close to as many as 100 popups which are often only 2-3 of the same.

Your devs are more than capable of only launching one and it would be very helpful if you provided a message option to suppress all messages to the log.

please make this change.
                Lucky you. They can't even fix the memory consumption in Windows 7, 16GB.

I log in and the whole thing is locked up, swap going crazy.

Since I'm the only one , it's not a problem.

Did you happen to notice excessive memory consumption and nt8 being rather locked up in this state until you cleared all the popups?

Comment

Yet more unwanted spam from ninjatrader. Same problem and complaints as last year, obviously ignored, which is the common theme with nt problems raised by users, a lot of who have (unfortunately) already paid for the software.

Ever thought about fixing the endless list of issues people raise rather than trying to sell software which isn’t fit for purpose?

Comment

Hi,

please add my vote to this. I would also like to express my "strong disapproval" about those popups. If I remember correctly, two of them had marketing content and appeared as a modal window, so I had to click OK first before I could continue managing my trade. I'd better not describe in detail what I think about this.

Thank you,
                    Stefan.

Comment

More popups today, these ones won't go away though. This is with NT running from yesterday and has been left on for 24 hours without interaction with the computer.

Video emailed to support showing it (the forum won't let me post it), it shows that the pop up advertisements don't close, and they also are in front of other windows that are opened. I had to terminate the NT process. Really really useful great feature.

Out of 10, what level do you think this is for user experience of your software? Great programming.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I got your video and will be following up shortly.

I wanted to let everyone else know that we understand your frustrations here. It is absolutely not our intention to bombard users with pop-ups.

The Development Team is working on a resolution as we speak. The tracking number for that fix is 12331. I'll update this thread if there is any new information.

Keep an eye out on the release notes for the tracking number above:

Comment

I'm pleased the dissatisfaction has been acknowledged. Some parts of the NT platform are good, the functionality of the strategy api is one, but the usability of the platform is not (such as these pop ups, but not only limited to this). There are a number of what seem to be relatively small improvements which if made could massively improve the whole user experience.

Comment

Ninja message icon in taskbar ?

TradeStation has a message icon in the task-bar....blinks when there is a new message....great for all sorts of announcements.....unobtrusive too....

.......thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM