Correct Risk Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Risk Template

My strategies are continuously receiving errors similar to the one below. Apparently I must not be setting up the Risk Templates properly (See image Capture2.JPG). I am placing only one order in any given direction at any time of 10,000. I do not understand why I am getting this error.

So my question is, how do I properly setup the risk template given the following..

EUR/USD - Required Margin 222.60 - Leverage 50:1 - Contract Size 10000

I got these numbers from

Our pip and margin calculator can be used to calculate how much you'll make or lose per pip on your chosen trade, plus how much margin to deposit.

I still do not understand why NinjaTrader does include Forex pairs in its Default Risk Template Update for the Forex Brokers that they partner with.

What numbers do you need to put in each box when creating a new risk profile for an instrument.

See Pictures attached.

Sim304, Order 'e1b9e75967554ef1a22c66ff34e91d79' can't be submitted: Not enough excess margin. affected Order: Buy 10000 Market

Also, a side question. Does Ninja trader also require that margin requirements be met to put in a Limit exit Order to just flatten?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cutzpr; 11-23-2018, 03:25 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Yes, margin must be met to flatten or close. So we may look into the orders and rejections, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric,

But to answer my original question. If the default order size for Forex is 10,000 and the margin requirements are currently for EURUSD is 226.00 for a 10K lot size. Should 226.00 be put as the margin requirements (default lot size) or 226.00/10000 (each individual contract) which would be 0.0226. Essentially, is ninja trader smart enough to determine the correct margin requirements for the lot size? Or does it handle each order entry the same regardless of the lot size to the same margin requirements?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the oversight, unfortunately a lot-sized margin is not able to be set at this time. The latter option will be used with each entry.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
        Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes