• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_DrewO
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171213.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Leave a comment:

• jackt
    replied
    BTW, all horizontal lines are still there. Some of the region highlight X (drawn using shift+F1) were lost too, but some were still there. Not a single ray would survive. Why? What's special about rays?

(Given that NT8 still doesn't have horizontal rays, it's not fun drawing a lot of them, which is what I need, let alone drawing them over and over again.)

Leave a comment:

• jackt
    started a topic All my rays are gone!

All my rays are gone!

After I upgraded to 8.0.11.1 last night (which I shouldn't), I had the following problem:

At the end of my trading session, if I disconnect from Kinetick, then all the rays I have placed on the chart will disappear. I reverted to 8.0.11.0, and this problem persists. So even if I create a backup, it will not have those rays.

Why do I disconnect from Kinetick first (and my broker connection too), instead of just closing the main window? I used to do that but one day when I opened NT, all my rays were gone. So I was forced to create a backup every time I close NT8, which is a pain in the ass, but it's been working well so far. Until last night.

Now if I just close the main window, when I reopen NT8, the rays will be there. But if I want to create a backup, the backup file won't have the rays because I have to disconnect from all connections first. You see the dilemma?

It took me about half an hour to redraw all rays. I have done it three times today. What a waste of time! Sorry for ranting, but paying $999 for a software which gives me a lot of headache is frustrating.

Jack

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
8 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH