Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always shows Daily MA on my Intraday Charts

Hi NT !

I have a few charts, which I used everyday, and actively change my time frames on them (from 60 mins, to 240 mins, back to 60, etc..).
    I have a couple of moving averages on these charts (50 and 100 for instance).
    How do overlay a daily moving average onto these charts.. and ensure that the daily moving average stays there.... as a daily moving average irrespective of whether i change the chart's time frame? is that possible ?

Thanks
    AK

Hello akvevo,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. This may be accomplished by added a second, Daily data series to the chart, basing the indicators off this second data series, then taking steps to hide it visually from appearing on the chart.

Please see the below tip video from our YouTube channel that covers this set up, "The Hidden Data Series."
    Get started with the NinjaTrader software for FREE: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStartedThis video demonstrates how to plot an indicator based off of one data s...

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It works, but its super cluncky.
      How about ... is there a way to ensure ensure I have a 360 min (for instance) moving average on my chart irrspective of what time frame the chart is pointing at ?

Comment

Hello akvevo,

Thanks for the note.

To do this you would need to set the primary data series to a 360 minute chart, then add a moving average to this data series and hide it. This will mean any future data series you add to this chart will not remove the 360 data series or indicator.

If you want to save this as a chart template, right click the chart, select templates, and save your template. You can now load this template to any other chart.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan, but i dont follow fuly.
          Wahat should i be hiding ? Can you kindly provide an example/details ? "..and hide it.."

As an example, I have a 360 min chart.
          I have an EMA 100 and 50 added to this chart.

Lets say I now change the timeframe to 60 mins.. but id like the 100 and 50 ema (of the 360 mins time series) to remain constant.....

The youtube video explains how to add a second series, but I am not trying to do this here, becuase I could switch to any time frame
          Last edited by akvevo; 12-11-2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Hello,
            Thanks for the reply.

Hiding it is referring to the process highlight by Eric in post #2, where you set the data series to transparent and overlay a second data series over the 'hidden' data series.

The only way to have a indicator set to a different data series than what is displayed is to use the hidden data series method as outlined in Eric's previous post. Unfortunately there is no way to accomplish this using only one data series.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
            Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes