Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is item #NTEIGHT-11984 on NT8 resolved...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is item #NTEIGHT-11984 on NT8 resolved...

...or being worked on? This is the issue with NT8 throwing exceptions in market analyzer if you've added label rows to market analyzer with user created custom names. Ie: Add 5 tickers to MA then add a label row, name it, then add 5 more ticker symbols. User then clicks on any of those tickers and selects new blank row to insert a new ticker symbol. New blank row is created. User double clicks on the new blank row and tries to type in a new ticker but after typing ticker name and hitting enter key, exception is thrown.
    It's been a couple months now since reporting this and it's still frustrating dealing with this when dealing with a 10 plus ticker day trading watch list in MA.
    Thanks.

This issue was not directly resolved as the Development Team could not reproduce the issue and the last reply via email was that the issue was no longer occurring.

However, NTEIGHT-12327 was fixed in 8.0.11.1 and directly involves custom column labels:

The original ticket where you reported this behavior is #1748221. If the issues persist after the upgrade, please write in again and reference this ticket number so we may continue our investigation.

Comment

Believe me, I wouldn't have brought it up again if I could no longer reproduce the error. I deal with this issue every day and do upgrades as soon as they come out. Update 11.1 Still has this bug. Maybe they're not doing troubleshooting on a dual monitor set up, using a bold custom font size or some other thing specific to my set-up.

I just did a clean install of 11.1 and did a bare bones set up with just MA added to the install. Same problem. Exceptions thrown as soon as you start getting fancy and add three custom named label rows, then go back and add 10 new blank rows in between the newly created label rows, then populate those empty blank rows in random order with tickers. Very easy to reproduce if you add tickers just anywhere to the grid. Not so easy if you just start at the top of the grid and add tickers working your way from top to bottom of the grid. Also, I'm talking about adding tickers manually by typing the names directly into the grid, not pulling the names down from a list of ticker symbols.

I'm going to try and get some movie capture software installed so I can send you a capture of it happening so we can get this thing nailed down.
      Thanks.
      Last edited by bortz; 12-14-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Please follow up via email with the information you're gathering. Make sure to include a link to this forum post, reference ticket #1748221, and ATTN Patrick G.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses
        1 view