Long time chart loading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time chart loading!

When select trading hours different than <Using instrument settings> chart starting to load very long time!

Hello elixirtrip,

It likely needs to load additional historical data as the new trading hours template includes hours that are not included with the default trading hours template. It would also need to calculate any indicator you have applied in the chart.

If you create a brand new chart for the same instrument without a chart template and the same amount of historical data, how long does it take for the chart to load?
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

if I use <Using instrument settings> it loading quickly after firths long load... but if I am using US ETH trading hours, its can take 1+ min to load. is it any way to make it quicker?

Comment

You could speed up the loading time by reducing the amount of requested historical data and/or reduce the amount of indicators in the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello elixirtrip,

If you create a brand new chart for the same instrument without a chart template and the same amount of historical data, how long does it take for the chart to load?
          if It's new stock in new chart, it can still take time to load about 2 sec. when I switch used stocks, they load instantly. If i load new stock in old chart it can take about 20 sec to load. If I use US ETH trading hours it takes 1+ min to load. I use 0 indicators and have 5 days historical data... I have very fast computer. Do u think its ok for ur platform to load 1 min 5 days historical data?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            You could speed up the loading time by reducing the amount of requested historical data and/or reduce the amount of indicators in the chart.
            or its problem of the IB API? and will be solved if i will use e-signals as data feed for example?

Do u think its ok for ur platform to be loading for 1 min(it can take more time) only 5 days historical data in 5 min chart?(0 indicators)
            Last edited by elixirtrip; 12-15-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

It will take longer to load a chart with the ETH template as it requests more data compared to a chart with the RTH template. Unfortunately there is no setting in NinjaTrader that allows you to load historical data faster with the connected data feed/broker.

When I test Kinetick with a chart for a new instrument using RTH and ETH templates, I do not experience loading times of 20 seconds and 1 minute respectively. It loads 5 days of historical minute data in 2-3 seconds for both templates. Unfortunately I could not test with our IB account as it has limited data entitlements.

Our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $55 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

Comment

Kinetick solved a problem! it was all about IB

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post sightcareclickhere