Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Profit and Loss Calculation in Trade Performance

Hello,

I opened the Trade performance Window - Display: Trades - Currency.

The Profil and Loss does not show the correct Values. In this example I traded FDAX (1 Point = 25 EUR).
    Please see my Image. The actual performace differs from the performance shown in NT8. The commisssions value ist correct, although there is a $ Sign behind the EURO value.
    I use Windows 10, region settings Europe, Germany. Currency EURO.

How can I change the P&L Calculation in NT8 to show the real EUR Values?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

I see that these values are pretty close to the current exchange rate between EUR and USD, so your platform is displaying the USD value for the EUR profit:

Is this a sim account or a live account? If live, what currency is your account funded in?

Comment

Hello,

I use the latest release: 8.0.16.3
      64 bit Version
      It is a live account, trades are real trades, Account is funded in EUR.

yes, agree it seems like the values are converted from EUR to USD.

Comment

The values we see in the NinjaTrader platform for your PnL, cash value, etc. all come directly from your broker. We can change the denomination symbol in the platform, but we can't change the actual value. Please let me know what your broker reports regarding what currency you can expect to see your account values in when using NinjaTrader.

Also, if you want to change the denomination symbol, you can follow these steps:
        • Control Center > Accounts tab
        • Right-click on your account > Edit account...
        • Select your desired 'Denomination' > OK

Comment

Thanks, I was at least able to change the Denomination. I now shows the € EUR Sign now.

P&L still in USD. Broker is IB, TWS Version is 973.2h - used the download Link form NT8 Connection Guide
          P&L Calculation form IB ist EUR...
          Last edited by Tradix10; 11-28-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Do you see multiple balances in Interactive Brokers for currencies other than EUR? Do you ever trade any instruments which trade in USD? For example, ES, CL, most US futures, etc.?

Comment

Since migartion to NT8 a couple of weeks ago I did not trade any USD instruments, so I have no comparison.
              By experience for the time before migration: IB TWS showed multiple balances for USD and EUR Instruments: P&L in EUR for EUREX futures and P&L in USD for CME futures.

Also very interesting: I get a warning message with first order I submit on a day - although I installed the correct TWS Version. See attched image.
              During trading I did not experience any problems with API, it worked correctly. Maybe there ist an API issue?
              Attached Files

Comment

TWS is able to display multiple balances, but NinjaTrader does not have this capability - it simply displays the information it received through your connection. There is no NinjaTrader setting to change the values it receives from Interactive Brokers.

The error message you've attached is coming from TWS. Please contact TWS support to learn more, and let us know what they advise are the specific settings causing the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jculp
                by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                0 responses
                1 view