Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT hangs drawing horizontal line

Hi,

Latest little NT8 niggle (I'm going to report all these from now on in the hope it leads to a more stable NT8). It freezes the whole platform, resulting in having to 'end task' and loosing lots of progress

Sometimes when you are switching charts (and this just happened to me in on the playback connection), the platform freezes and all is lost... I just too a look at the logs and all is OK, up until the last line, which is this

"2017-12-16 10:16:34:623|3|16|Failed to call OnRender() for chart object 'Horizontal Line': 'Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.'
    "

Now, don't ask me to replicate, as I cannot on demand. It's a horizontal line however! It's not custom code. It's stock NT8. Can't get much simpler than that. Perhaps this routine needs some additional error handling...

Version is very latest NT8, 64 bit, released the other day.

I'll get the response to clear my charts, work spaces, remove all the lines and see if all is OK I expect, and this of course would probably resolve it (but NOT the poor error handling). Regardless of a line being there that might cause issues or not, these situations should be gracefully handled and not result in complete platform freezes.

How hard can it be to add try, catch, finally to all routines!?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post Aviram Y  
Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM