Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving indicator across folders in Ninjascript Explorer

Hi NT Support,
    I am experencing an annoying issue: moving indicators across folder into Ninjascript Explorer does'nt work anymore. If i Lclick on an object (indicator, strategy, addon ) it does'nt go grey and doesn't allow drag&drop the script in a different folder.
    I have been messing around with folders and namespaces, so I feel in a way guilty... but can you help me anyway to find a way to fix it? maybe a workspace reset should help?
    I am using Ninjatrader 8, version 8.0.14.2 64-bit. The mess is on a machine with @SIM licence. On the production machine with lifetime licence the problem does'nt occur (there I messed less I guess)
    Thanks
    Andrea

I see that you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Please let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Patrick thanks for your kind answer. I surely update the software, anyway are you sure version 8.0.14.2 is currently unsupported? It was released May 24, 2018... less than 6 month ago. Was this a defective release?

Comment

If you look at the release notes, you'll notice that we update NinjaTrader about every 6 weeks. We only officially support the most current version and the version immediately before that (currently, this is 8.0.16.3 and 8.0.15.1). You'll also note in the release notes that there have been dozens of fixes, additions, and improvements since 8.0.14.2. This older version isn't necessarily defective, but we constantly make improvements to the platform and would not want to troubleshoot an item which has been addressed in a newer release.

Comment

Ok Patrick, I updated to version 8.0.16.3 64bit. Unfortunately even though I made a clean install from scratch (deleted documents\ninjatrader8 directory after uninstall) the problem stays the same. Can you please suggest some action? Thanks.

Comment

If you substitute the sim key for the live key, does the issue persist?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
            3 responses
            1 like
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn