Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is ATM strategy still in effect when disconnected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is ATM strategy still in effect when disconnected?

Hello,

Does an ATM strategy remain in effect if I get disconnected? Specifically for trailing stops - if that stop is crossed while I am disconnected?

Also, if it does not remain in effect, is there a setting to where I can have all my positions closed upon disconnect?

The reason for this question is that I am trying to trade without being present at the computer the whole time. If the computer is on and connected - no problem I know the ATM strategy will remain in effect. My concern is if my computer has an error and disconnects / blue screens when I am not present and the ATM Strategy trailing stop is no longer in effect.

If there is an alternate solution to how I can trade with confidence when not present at the computer, please let me know.

Thank you
    - Todd

Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your note.

If an entry order is working with an active Atm Strategy and the order fills and the profit target and stop loss are submitted and enter a working / accepted state, these orders are now on the exchange. If the internet connection is lost after this, these orders will continue working but all stop strategy logic (if selected with the Atm Strategy) controlling the stop loss will cease. The order is still there protecting the position, but any trailing action would stop as NinjaTrader would not be able to communicate the change order requests to move the order.
    Once the internet connection is regained, the trailing action would resume.

This behavior also applies to fully automated NinjaScript Strategies.

Let us know if further questions come up.

Comment

Chris, This is extremely helpful and answered my question. Thank you!

- Todd

Comment

Hi, does the active Atm Strategy work for demo as well? I have a live and demo account. Recently, I tested using demo account where the order fills and the profit target and stop loss are submitted and i disconnect the feed. The TP and SL did not activate during the disconnection. It was filled only upon re-connection. Please advise. Thanks

Comment

Hello Free trader,

Thank you for your note.

This is expected as all simulated orders are locally stored and will only be working when the platform is up and running, they do not continue working on a server.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
            Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your note.

If an entry order is working with an active Atm Strategy and the order fills and the profit target and stop loss are submitted and enter a working / accepted state, these orders are now on the exchange. If the internet connection is lost after this, these orders will continue working but all stop strategy logic (if selected with the Atm Strategy) controlling the stop loss will cease. The order is still there protecting the position, but any trailing action would stop as NinjaTrader would not be able to communicate the change order requests to move the order.
            Once the internet connection is regained, the trailing action would resume.

This behavior also applies to fully automated NinjaScript Strategies.

Let us know if further questions come up.
            Hi, I'm new to NinjaTrader, I'm in the process of opening a NT Brokerage account (Dorman Trading) and buying the platform.

I need to be sure that in case of missing my internet connection (pc bsod, power outage, etc) I will still be protected with a stop as sited above, regardless the strategy logic.

From this post, I understand that I'm a unprotected.

Can someone clarify that?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello chinook77,

Thank you for your note.

To further flesh out what was stated before.

Having an open order on the market with an ATM attached to it will not activate the PT and SL when it fills if your connection is lost to the exchange.

If a position is filled and the SL and PT appear on your chart/DOM and then you lose connection then they will react as normal because the exchange has received those limits. However, any further logic such as Auto Breakeven or Auto trails will not work until reconnected.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
              Steven R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jclose
              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
              10 responses