Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Data corruption when using 2 market data providers on a single NT8 Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Data corruption when using 2 market data providers on a single NT8 Platform

Hi,

I am seeing that my chart data is corrupted (e.g. the bars are in consistent) if I configure my NT8 to be able to connect to 2 data providers.

In my case I subscribe to data from CQG and Kinetics. But I only connect to one data provider at a single time. Meaning if I am connected to CQG, Kinetic connection will be turned off and vice versa.

There are some products (e.g. FX futures) that these 2 providers will over lap.

I found that when I make such configuration to my NT8 (in fact it was also occurring in NT7), my chart data is not showing the correct data (e.g. if i compare to the chart on another NT8 with only a single connection such as CQG, the chart in my NT8 with 2 connections do not look the same and sometimes do not look correct at all with out comparing.)

Is there a work around for me to be able to switch between providers but not corrupting my data?

Thanks in advance
    ystan79

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. Depending on your setup and data needs, you may be able to setup a preferred data connection for historical data based on asset type (Tools > Options > Market Data > Preferred connections - historical). https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ataConnections

In addition, NinjaTrader caches historical data to help charts load quicker, so on connection to the needed provider, I suggest right clicking > Selecting Reload All Historical Data so the chosen providers data will be used throughout. You may also consider manually clearing the data cache files while NinjaTrader is shut down:
    • My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Db
    Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response. I will definitely try this out next week and get back again if I would need more help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred