Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

less than the number of days requested when exporting historical data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

less than the number of days requested when exporting historical data?

i receive less than the number of days requested when i perform an export historical data requesting all of 2017's data [e.g.] 3 months for NQ 12-17 and 10 days for NQ 02-18.

displayed below is the historical data request window for the NQ 12-17 request.

please advise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	for ninja forum dec17.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	908884

Hello joemiller,

Please note that it only exports historical data for the instrument + expiry month selected. There is 12-17 daily data available from September 7th up to December 8th, so it will export data between these dates. You can view the daily data per expiry month under the Edit-tab of the Historical Data window.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello joemiller,

Please note that it only exports historical data for the instrument + expiry month selected. There is 12-17 daily data available from September 7th up to December 8th, so it will export data between these dates. You can view the daily data per expiry month under the Edit-tab of the Historical Data window.
      3 questions please...

1] i don't understand why ''for the instrument + expiry month'' implies sep7 to dec8 ?

2] can i specify larger date ranges for instruments other than futures [i.e.] instruments that are not contracts with an expiration date ?

3] how can i get 5 years of daily open,high,low,close data for the NQ future ?

Comment

1. The 12-17 expiry month was trading between these dates.

2. Yes, this is possible for instruments other than futures.

3. Can you please connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection. Create a new chart for the NQ ##-## that request 5 years of daily data. This data will be listed under 1 instrument (NQ ##-##) in the Edit-tab. You can then export all 5 years of data at once.

Comment

1. The 12-17 expiry month was trading between these dates.
          2. Yes, this is possible for instruments other than futures.
          3. Can you please connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection. Create a new chart for the NQ ##-## that request 5 years of daily data. This data will be listed under 1 instrument (NQ ##-##) in the Edit-tab. You can then export all 5 years of data at once.
          regarding question #3...
          which Edit-tab in the tools menu should i use [i.e.] the one that pops up for the ''historical data'' choice or the one that is available to use with the ''export>historical data'' choice?

Comment

You can export historical data that is present in NinjaTrader into .txt files at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Export. Please see the link below for instructions.

Comment

You can export historical data that is present in NinjaTrader into .txt files at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Export. Please see the link below for instructions.
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../exporting.htm

ok i will use ''Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Export'' ...& thanks.

however, just for my general understanding... what is the difference between using ''Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Export'' and ''export>historical data'' to get to an edit-tab ?

Comment

There is no difference - both refer to the same.

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
                  ok i will use ''Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Export'' ...& thanks.
                  however, just for my general understanding... what is the difference between using ''Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Export'' and ''export>historical data'' to get to an edit-tab ?
                  i did a ''Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Export'' for an NQ 12-17 5-year, day-bar chart... resulting in day bars for only a few months [i.e.]sep04'17 thru friday dec15'17.

please advise.

Comment

To export all 5 years of data you will need to use the continuous contract NQ ##-##. Please disconnect from your current data provider then connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection.
                    Create a new chart for the NQ ##-## that request 5 years of daily data. This data will be listed under 1 instrument (NQ ##-##) in the Edit-tab. You can then export all 5 years of data at once.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      To export all 5 years of data you will need to use the continuous contract NQ ##-##. Please disconnect from your current data provider then connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection.
                      Create a new chart for the NQ ##-## that request 5 years of daily data. This data will be listed under 1 instrument (NQ ##-##) in the Edit-tab. You can then export all 5 years of data at once.
                      i think i correctly did all those things, but the results obviously prove i did not do them correctly.

please someone from platform support remotely logon to my computer to help me identify the problem.

Comment

Please send a note to [email protected] with "Attn Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) A phone number where you can be reached
                        3.) A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone) our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer) via NinjaTrader Control Center > Help > Remote Support
                        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes