Failed to verify license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to verify license

After upgrading to latest 8, began to get the message "Failed to verify license". Tried various fixes to no avail. Tried to go back to Previous Version and the problem persists there as well. This problem seems to arise every few years, looking back on prior posts. If you've experienced this problem and solved it, please respond. I believe it is on Ninja's end and am frustrated beyond belief at being unable to enter orders during this volatile time. Thanks for any advice.

Hello bylld4,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. This usually indicates a temporary latecy issue -- The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

If you still see the same error, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have identified the problem: it is HotSpot Shield VPN. If it is running, Ninja will not verify license. With it off, all is well. This is a big problem for me as I travel a great deal and must log in to unknown WiFi points. What do you suggest?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest adding exceptions to the firewall if possible. Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com so we can supply you with the needed addresses for the exceptions
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is no way no exclude an operation from the VPN connection. Is there another VPN you know is working? Note: this was NOT a problem until the recent version update. Something changed on Ninja's end.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I suspect the VPN is blocking access to specific ports needed to access the license servers. I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20181203.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post z.franck  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes