Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost connection with Interactive Brokers

Dear Support,

Over the past week, I have lost connection with Interactive Brokers. The running strategy disabled after connection lost on the live account and cannot restart the strategy. Please advise.

Best Regards,
    William Lam

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. Have you been able to restore the IB connection at this time?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.X)

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-18, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,

Version: 8.0.16.3 64-bit

Instrument: EURUSD

Logs:
      12/3/2018 16:09 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
      12/3/2018 16:09 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connection lost
      12/3/2018 16:07 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
      12/3/2018 16:07 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connection lost
      12/3/2018 16:06 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
      12/3/2018 16:06 Default Strategy 'KStrategy/142139250' lost price connection for more than 10 seconds and will be restarted.
      12/3/2018 16:06 Default Strategy 'FStrategy/142139251' lost price connection for more than 10 seconds and will be restarted.
      12/3/2018 16:06 Default Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'KStrategy/142139250'
      12/3/2018 16:06 Default Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'FStrategy/142139251'
      12/3/2018 16:06 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connection lost
      12/3/2018 15:55 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
      12/3/2018 15:55 Connection Program 1 I.B: Primary connection=Connection lost, Price feed=Connection lost

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please use the guide below to verify the version and setup of TWS or IB Gateway. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

If you still see the same, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

I had updated the IB Gateway to last version 974. The IB Gateway will automatic restart every day. The Ninjatrader didn't reconnect after IB Gateway restart. Please advise.

Comment

If in the same NinjaTrader session, please go to Connections to initiate a disconnect/reconnect. Restart NinjaTrader and test for issue is you are still unable connect, this may be needed to reestablish the connection.

Comment

Can Ninjatrader automatic reconnect? because the new version of IB gateway cannot disable the daily restart function and it only take a few second for restart.
              Last edited by matrixxx; 12-05-2018, 03:46 AM.

Comment

No, because the connection is terminated via Gateway it will need to be manually reestablished in NinjaTrader.

Comment

This is a serious issue!

Comment

Indeed this is an issue.
                    Please add a tickbox in Interactive Brokers connection template to "Automatically reconnect". The best would be if you could set a time for Ninjatrader to auto reconnect.

TWSSTART and IBCONNECT could help the IB Gateway side - we can set the auto-relogin/auto-restart of IB Gateway here. But NT8 lacks the auto reconnect feature AFAIK.

Thank you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Has this issue ever been resolved? I would like this feature as well. I record live tick data from IB. When it reboots once every 24 hours unless I am there to manually restart the connection I lose all the tick data that I cannot recover.

Comment

Hello diver,

Thank you for your post. At this time there have not been changes to historical data offerings in IB via NinjaTrader. The below link will show all the NinjaTrader-supported data feeds and the market they support.

See "Understanding the Data Supplied by your Connectivity Provider"

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                        10 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post traderqz  
                        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes