Alerts won't rearm on condition reversed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts won't rearm on condition reversed

Hi. I can't get alerts to rearm on condition reversed. That looks like a bug. Here are the steps to reproduce:

- Im using the latest version 8.0.16.3 (simulation only)
    - Using the playback connection with my own history data.
    - In market analyzer there is only 2 columns: instrument and last price
    - Put an alert like in the picture attached
    - Alert triggers once, but won't rearm on condition changed. Other rearm options (like never or bar close) seem to work ok.
    Last edited by Roger_1120; 12-04-2018, 06:23 PM.

Hello Roger_1120,

Thank you for your patience.

I see my colleague is assisting you via email. I will be following up with you here and via email once we have details on this matter.

Comment

Hello Roger_1120,

I am able to reproduce the same undesired behavior on my end. This will be reported to our development team and I will follow up when I have further details.

Comment

Hello Roger_1120,

Alerts are not intended to be used with Playback while using an increased speed. Alerts are checked every 200 milliseconds, so using them in Playback could result in an alert not triggering.

You can find more details on using Alerts at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ing_alerts.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi.
          thanks for the response, but I have to say this looks like a bad implementation to me. If ninjatrader were 'truly event driven' like it is boasted all troughout the manual, the alerts should work in Playback too, and not being checked based on a timer.
          So maybe a feature request I guess?

Comment

Hello Roger_1120,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your request to our development team.

Comment

I don't know if it relates to this, but in the release notes for the newest version it says fixed to the issue #13442. Tried with the new version but same thing. The alarms always work the first time, just don't rearm on condition reversed.
              I used playback connection, I know I wasn't supposed to but the alarms work there, just don't rearm.

Comment

Fix #13442 was not a resolution for the behavior you reported. This fix addressed "Alert 'Rearm type' of 'On condition reversed' unintendedly waited for ALL conditions to become false versus the condition set itself becoming false to trigger." specifically, which sounds similar but is not identical.

In your screenshots in your first post, I see you're replaying at 100x speed. Alerts are not intended to be used with Playback while using an increased speed. Alerts are checked every 200 milliseconds, so using them in Playback could result in an alert not triggering. See note #2 here:

Is this behavior reproducible at 1x playback speed, or when using live data?

Comment

Like I said, even when using playback, the alerts trigger once, so it works. It just does not rearm.
                  Tried with slow speeds too. Not with live though.

Comment

Does 'low speed' mean 1x? Can you reproduce this issue at 1x speed? If so, please follow up with us via email with exact steps on how to reproduce. The relevant ticket is "2021806 ATTN Patrick G". Make sure to include that when you write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Hello Roger_1120,

Thank you for sending in your note.

We will work with you on email and follow up here on the Support Forum when we have further details.

Comment

Hello Roger_1120,

Thank you for your response.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3834. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Hello Roger_1120,

Thank you for providing the requested information via email.
                          Originally posted by Roger_1120 View Post
                          I don't know if it relates to this, but in the release notes for the newest version it says fixed to the issue #13442. Tried with the new version but same thing. The alarms always work the first time, just don't rearm on condition reversed.
                          I used playback connection, I know I wasn't supposed to but the alarms work there, just don't rearm.
                          We were able to reproduce the behavior of an indicator producing a single value, checking that value in the Market Analyzer Alerts against a Numeric value and not seeing it properly re-arm on reversal of the condition. I have reported this to our development team and I will follow up with you here when I have further details.

Comment

Hello Roger_1120,

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                            Hello Roger_1120,

Thank you for providing the requested information via email.

We were able to reproduce the behavior of an indicator producing a single value, checking that value in the Market Analyzer Alerts against a Numeric value and not seeing it properly re-arm on reversal of the condition. I have reported this to our development team and I will follow up with you here when I have further details.
                            This item is expected to have a fix implemented in the next major release of NinjaTrader 8. I cannot guarantee implementation at this time nor do I have a release date for the next major release of NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                            2 responses
                            1 like
                            Last Post BarzTrading  
                            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH