Volumetric Chart . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Chart . . .

When using a volumetric chart, is there a way to highlight, or better yet, add a line extending from the point on a candle where an "unfinished auction" occurred? It seems this should be a very basic "option" within the selection parameters, but I have not been able to find such an option.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. It may be possible to plot a similar option plotted, could you please elaborate further on requirements needed regarding "unfinished auction?"

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric, I'm attaching a screenshot which I marked in order to explain what I'm talking about. In the screenshot I circled multiple unfinished auctions. What I would like to know is if there is a way to highlight those, say with a different color; or better yet, extend a naked line to the right extending to the current bar on the chart so it can be easily identified without having to move back on the chart to see previous occurrences. If that simple feature is not currently available, could you advise if there is a relatively easy way to add it with a separate indicator or else.

Thanks so much for your feedback.
      Gustavo
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

You could always draw a ray from the value and change the colors as necessary to achieve what it sounds like you're looking for - you can find this in the drawing tools.

We would need clarification on your definition of "unfinished auction" as we've reviewed your screenshot, but aren't certain what exactly you are looking for that would identify the values you've circled. Could you clarify further?

Thanks in advance; we look forward to further assisting you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I’m following up on this post. I’m hoping there is already some solution for this since it is more than 2 years old.

Unfinished Auction - The High of each footprint/bar needs to have 0 contracts traded at BID and at Low there needs to be 0 contracts traded on ASK for a normal auction process. However, sometimes the auction process fails and the auction is left unfinished. This represents a significant point which works as a magnet for the price to go back and re-visit those areas. I’ve seen other 3rd party tools identifies these Unfinished Business and draws a line in the chart until the price re-visits this area again and the failed auction is fixed.

Thanks

Comment

Hello larrynq,

It would not currently be possible to highlight unfinished auctions in the Volumetric bars. However, I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request to have this functionality. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3666.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Hello,

First off, I’m confused with SFT-3666. If I search for this number, I got the following from the original post

“The ability to plot absorption of imbalance and not just imbalance itself” for SFT-3666? Is this same as Unfinished Auction?

Is there a page where you list all the SFTs with some description, number of votes and order of priority? I see for most of the requests there is a SFT and some standard language referring to release notes. It is not easy for us to check all these SFTs by sending an email or checking the release notes. At the minimum could you please provide the list with description for all SFTs in one location

Now back to SFT-3666 --> If this is related to unfinished auction then highlighting in the volumetric bars will do no good. Because Price can re-visit this area anytime and it can happen in the next bar or 50 or 100 or more bars down the line and there is no way to go back and check. So, you need to have a line extended when this happens and after the price visits that area/price then it needs to be removed.

There are bunch of 3rd party indicators and their value prop is don’t buy lifetime license for $1,099 instead just get free NT license with their indicator for $399 where they provide similar to Volumetric bars/ Order Flow / Footprint chart. But users like me who already paid lifetime license looking for basic capabilities like unfinished auction. I understand it will take years (This request is from 2017) for NT to implement features like this but in the meantime can you guys at least provide some example code so that we test it and provide feedback and at some point, in the near future you can implement this feature in the main product.

Thanks

Comment

Any update please?

Comment

Hello larrynq,

I apologize for the delay in response, as we had an issue where our ticketing system wasn't alerting us to new forum posts at the beginning of this week.

SFT-3666 is titled Volumetric Bars imbalance display enhancements and multiple ideas for improving imbalance display on Volumetric Bars, including but not limited to showing unfinished auctions.

There is no public facing access to our feature request system. Any inquiries as to the status of a request should be posted here or directed to us via email at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader. [dot] com. There are no current plans for public access to the full list of requests. Priority is decided by our development team and is not publicly disclosed as user interest is only one part of what goes in to whether a specific feature request is granted.

As the code for the Volumetric bars is closed source, we are unable to provide samples of this code. The Volumetric Bars themselves would need to be modified to show this and we cannot modify them, as even we in the support department do not have access to the underlying code.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Add my vote for this feature

Comment

Hello ZEROSYSTEM,

Thank you for the message.

We have added your vote to this feature request.

Any time there has been an update to the platform, you may check the Release Notes to see if has been implemented.

Thank you for your request!
                      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post kujista
                      by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM