Repeating Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeating Alert

The idea is to be emailed a chart every 30 minutes starting at 9:30 and ending at 16:00pm.. Not functioning as expected.
    Attached Files

Is it just the email that fails to send? Or are you not seeing any alerts at all? You can verify this by opening up an Alerts Log window to see if the alert is triggering at all. You can open this window by going to Control Center > New > Alerts Log

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Do you see any error messages in your Control Center's Log tab? If so, what do they report?

Comment

8.0.16.3 64-bit

I added a Last > 0 and re-enabled and got the email immediately... For the timed ones could be since markets are closed today there are no bars with those times..! Made this alert this morning and haven't run it in a full market day.. I will see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

The help guide suggests using a operator of 'greater equal' instead of 'equals' for time based alerts, however, I am not certain if this is the issue or not in your case:

If its not working when real-time data starts flowing again, send me a screenshot of the settings (if they've changed).

Comment

Patrick,

It is still not working.. I even added a "Greater equal" for 11 am.. 11 am came and went and nothing happened.. No errors in the Control Center Log.. In the Alerts Log it is not triggering at all... If I add a > 0 for ES 12-18 condition it immediately emails the chart.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last week I would, at 9:00am, set ES > 0 condition to rearm every 1800 seconds.. worked fine. This is an attempt to automate that.

Comment

If you try a different rearm, does the issue persist? I would first try with Rearm Type = On timer and Rearm seconds = 60.

Comment

That worked... looks like this alerts every minute though.. I thought the conditions should override the rearm..?
                Last edited by Rashid Garuba; 12-06-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

That would be expected because the condition continues to be true for the rest of the day e,g, it is greater equal to 9:30AM at any time after 9:30AM until midnight. The rearm controls when the conditions will be able to check for a true statement or not, not the other way around.

Comment

So it is the greater than 11:00am causing the every minute alert.. will revise that one...
                    Last edited by Rashid Garuba; 12-06-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

It sent chart every minute until 1:29 then no more..??

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                        That would be expected because the condition continues to be true for the rest of the day e,g, it is greater equal to 9:30AM at any time after 9:30AM until midnight. The rearm controls when the conditions will be able to check for a true statement or not, not the other way around.
                        If all conditions are "equals" the alerts should only be at those times as long as re-armed in less time than the intervals..? in this case any re-arm less than 30 minutes..

Comment

"Operator = Equals" and "Rearm Type = On bar close" should work.

Comment

Patrick,

Will try that tomorrow.. But FYI this is what it is currently doing .. Alerts 5 minutes before the half hour, every minute until a minute before the hour.. Then stops and cycles again. I have a feeling if 10 minute bars were used it would send 10 alerts..
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Rashid Garuba; 12-06-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                              "Operator = Equals" and "Rearm Type = On bar close" should work.
                              Sorry Patrick.. No luck with those settings
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              3 responses