Feature Request - Manual playback bar by bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - Manual playback bar by bar

It would be nice to have a manual playback feature. To be able to playback a chart step by step, bar by bar. For instance if I'm on a daily chart and click to get the next day, and the next etc. etc.

I've seen this on other platforms, like TradeNavigator.
    Last edited by chrille; 12-28-2017, 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

The internal tracking number for your feature request is 2228. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Happy to support this request.

Comment

Add me too.
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Any progress on this??
            i see users requesting this feature back since 2016 and still no answer from ninjatrader ?

We ninja-users don't only trade you know.. We're also constantly testing and improving our trading strategies and that's why market replay is a very important feature for us
            sadly.. ninja trader seems to think otherwise since they simply don't seem to bother to improve it .

Reason why its so important is because most trading strategies are using the close of the candle to determine if a trade can be opened the next candle.
            e.g. for break out strategies, but lots of other strategies as well.
            At the moment you cannot get an exact entry at the close of the previous candle. You have to sit back and wait and wait and wait... for a candle to form and close and
            then when it closed you have to act very fast to open the trade and then just hope your entry is somewhere near that close.
            This is very time consuming and error prone.

So in short..
            1) we don't want to wait and wait and wait for a candle to form and close. We would just like to skip to the next bar using for example space or arrow key.
            Off course this can be optional so we can use both the way it works now, and this new advance bar-by-bar method
            The latter allows us to backtest our strategies way and way faster.

2) When we can advance bar-by-bar manually we can have exact entries at the close of a bar

So pls pls pls.. take this in consideration (again). having bar-by-bar market replay would improve NT8 more then you might think

EB Worx
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

Hello Erwin Beckers,

Unfortunately, bar by bar playback advance has not been implemented at this time.

It is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if (or when) a request is implemented.

I will submit your vote to this as well, and provide your comments.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Happy to support this request... noting post #4 from 2017 is also my vote.

Comment

Hello Erwin Beckers,

Shansen, I have submitted your vote as well.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request is implemented.

EDIT: SFT-4066 is now being tracked in SFT-2228. Votes have been moved accordingly.

We appreciate your feedback.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 05-18-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                    Hello Erwin Beckers,

Unfortunately, bar by bar playback advance has not been implemented at this time.my ip birthday wishes tneb

It is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if (or when) a request is implemented.

I will submit your vote to this as well, and provide your comments.
                    Reason why its so important is because most trading strategies are using the close of the candle to determine if a trade can be opened the next candle.
                    e.g. for break out strategies, but lots of other strategies as well.
                    Last edited by mopakarim8700; 06-30-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I also want the same feature - manual playback- bar by bar, but as per Ninjatrader customer service there are not enough users requesting this feature. But when I see the forum here, it seems otherwise. Even tradingview, Multicharts, Amibroker has this feature of manual bar by bar playback. How hard is it for Ninjatrader team to implement this? Here is the email reply from Ninja:

-- Forwarded message ---------
                      Date: Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 4:45 PM
                      Subject: Re: tracking ID# SFT-2228 {2229512}
                      To: xxxxxxx

## Reply ABOVE THIS LINE to add a note to this request ##
                      Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

Implementing this feature would require a logical redesign of how charting in general works. We are still tracking user interest in this feature, however, due to the complexity of implementation it is likely that more user support would be needed before any development would begin.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
                      Marco G
                      NinjaTrader Platform Customer Service

Comment

Hello ritvik,

Difficulty is speculation.

However, this would require a complete redesign of how the Playback feature works.

Comment

Originally Posted by ritvik
                          I also want the same feature - manual playback- bar by bar, but as per Ninjatrader customer service there are not enough users requesting this feature. But when I see the forum here, it seems otherwise. Even tradingview, Multicharts, Amibroker has this feature to
                          buy cheap essay of manual bar by bar playback. How hard is it for Ninjatrader team to implement this? Here is the email reply from Ninja
                          Agree. There was a discussion on the Multicharts forum too comparing the features of NinjaTrader and Multicharts (as I remember it). And mostly, the guys tried both and shared their experience (pros and cons of manual playback bar by bar).
                          +1 to the feature request.
                          Last edited by BeeMirror; 08-07-2019, 03:37 AM. Reason: 1

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                            Hello ritvik,

Difficulty is speculation.

However, this would require a complete redesign of how the Playback feature works.
                            My apologies, but that is a ridiculous statement. Do any of you actually develop systems? Nobody who does could even think of making such a statement. In any case, it was available in NT7. Surely, you cannot be saying that it is now suddenly too hard to do the same in NT8?
                            Last edited by koganam; 08-08-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response