New Computer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Computer Help

I just bought a new computer. What do I need to do to make sure that when I install NT8 on the new computer that everything I currently have with NT8 on my old computer is transferred successfully to the new computer after downloading it. I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hello suchy37,

Thank you for your post.

To transfer all of your workspaces, settings, connections and add-ons, I would recommend creating a backup and transferring that backup file to your new PC to restore the original settings after installing NinjaTrader. You can use a flash drive to transfer the backup file from one computer to the next.

Backup & Restore

Please follow these steps to create a Backup Archive:

1.Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Export and the menu item Backup File...

2.The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear

3.Select the items you wish to back up

4.Press the "Export" button

Now, copy the backup file to a flash drive or email it to yourself. This will ensure the backup file is available in the 2nd PC.

In the 2nd PC.

1.From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item

2.Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window

3.Press the "Restore" button

4.Select the items you wish to restore

5.Press the "Import" button

You will now be presented with a status bar indicating the estimated time and progress of the import.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Creating a Backup Archive

Restoring a Backup Archive

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Probably a stupid question. But, when you state disconnect from all connectivity providers. Are you just talking about disconnecting ninjatrader from its live feed?

Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by suchy37 View Post
        Probably a stupid question. But, when you state disconnect from all connectivity providers. Are you just talking about disconnecting ninjatrader from its live feed?

Jamie

Yes, this is correct. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Pattontje  
        Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
        17 responses
        0 likes