• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Candles' Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Candles' Time

    Hello,

    1. I know when using crosshair NT8 will show 'actual time + current time frame value' as candle's time (close time in other words). But for me it's yet +1 hour. So it shows 16:00, and I need to see 15:00. Changing time zone in Trading Hours for chosen template doesn't help. How can I change it?


    2. When moving crosshair along the candle, NT8 shows minutes. How can I fix the time shown to be only the close time of a candle?

    #2
    Hello Botan626,

    Thank you for the post.

    For #1, What time frame, instrument are you using on this chart?

    You may also need to adjust your time zone settings in Tools>Options>General. If all of your charts behave in this way, it would mean that the time zone setting is affecting the time display.

    For #2, If you use a minute chart, that will display minute by minute. All higher time frame charts will display the close time of the bar.

    I look forward to assisting further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hello Botan626,

      Thank you for the post.

      For #1, What time frame, instrument are you using on this chart?

      You may also need to adjust your time zone settings in Tools>Options>General. If all of your charts behave in this way, it would mean that the time zone setting is affecting the time display.

      For #2, If you use a minute chart, that will display minute by minute. All higher time frame charts will display the close time of the bar.

      I look forward to assisting further.
      >> You may also need to adjust your time zone settings in Tools>Options>General

      This helped, thanks!


      GBPNZD, M30

      Moving crosshair along the candle gives minutes in the time stamps. The close time for that candle showed in the screenshot is 21:30 though.

      https://i.imgur.com/w88X2St.png

      Comment


        #4
        Hello Botan626,

        Thank you for the follow up.

        Please right click your chart and go to the Properties. Once there, make sure that "Equidistant bar spacing" is enabled.

        Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
          Hello Botan626,

          Thank you for the follow up.

          Please right click your chart and go to the Properties. Once there, make sure that "Equidistant bar spacing" is enabled.

          Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.

          To be honest, I'd like "Equidistant bar spacing" to be disabled, because when enabled, the distance between bars is not equal when 2 data series are added to a chart.

          https://i.imgur.com/B7WCwtK.png

          https://i.imgur.com/C3Hs7JU.png

          Compare 2 EURUSD M20 charts with each other.

          I want the distance between bars to be equal.

          Comment


            #6
            Hello Botan626,

            Thank you for the reply.

            I will need to submit a feature request to add the ability to partition the time stamps even with Equidistant bar spacing disabled.

            I'll update this forum thread with the feature tracking ID once it is ready.

            Thanks in advance for your patience.
            Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
              Hello Botan626,

              Thank you for the reply.

              I will need to submit a feature request to add the ability to partition the time stamps even with Equidistant bar spacing disabled.

              I'll update this forum thread with the feature tracking ID once it is ready.

              Thanks in advance for your patience.

              Thanks, Chris.

              Will be interesting to see if this feature will be in fact implemented.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
                Hello Botan626,

                Thank you for the reply.

                I will need to submit a feature request to add the ability to partition the time stamps even with Equidistant bar spacing disabled.

                I'll update this forum thread with the feature tracking ID once it is ready.

                Thanks in advance for your patience.

                Hello. Any news?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hello Botan626,

                  I just received the feature tracking ID for this item:

                  SFT-3674

                  Please check the release notes upon each update release to track added features:

                  https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

                  Please let me know if I can assist further.
                  Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                  Comment

                  Latest Posts

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by maxgn, Today, 03:34 PM
                  0 responses
                  4 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post maxgn
                  by maxgn
                   
                  Started by Boonfly8, Today, 02:47 PM
                  1 response
                  5 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by marioresa, Today, 02:20 PM
                  1 response
                  2 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate  
                  Started by Parmenides48, Today, 01:26 PM
                  1 response
                  20 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_JoshG  
                  Started by pjsmith, Today, 12:39 PM
                  1 response
                  5 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickH  
                  Working...
                  X