NT8- iB - CMDTY exchange support for XAUUSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8- iB - CMDTY exchange support for XAUUSD

hello, trying to create charts through iB using XAUUSD that goes through the CMDTY exchange... i am unable to create this and noted in nt7 back in 2013 they were working on this and it would be available in nt8... so curious how one can do it?

here is the previous post in 2013 from development : "I have heard back from development and we are tracking the suggestion to allow Commodity (CMDTY) be used as an asset type within NinjaTrader with tracking ID#835." ... later on 2014 they mentioned it will be included in nt8.

so just checking progress and the now how to access this. thx

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171221.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I need to know how to get this instrument working too. Would be nice if you guys could update threads once they've been resolved. All I see when searching the forum is threads concluded with please contact support, etc.

Comment

Instruments marked 'CMDTY' (commodities, stock CFDs, forex CFDs) in Interactive Brokers are unfortunately still not supported, however, we are tracking this as a feature request. The tracking number is SFT-942. I have added your vote.

Comment

This has been requested since 2011: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ad.php?t=39943

So whats the symbol for trading spot gold with Interactive Brokers via NT?

Comment

Any instrument listed as a CMDTY at Interactive Brokers cannot currently be mapped in NinjaTrader.

There is no way to trade this instrument in NinjaTrader since it is defined as a commodity by Interactive Brokers.

Comment

So you can't trade spot gold with IB?

I googled if this product was possible to trade with Multicharts and noticed some forum threads where it was requested by members back in 2011. It was added to Multicharts in update 7, which was released in ... 2011.

So over at Multicharts it was requested and added within months. At Ninjatrader we are still waiting seven years later. How hard can it be to just add the instruments that your supporting brokers offer? Its not like spot gold is an obscure offering.

Regretting this lifetime license now.

Comment

nothing was resolved by contacting support... they don't know how to do it. They did give a good try though... for some reason even though anyone can chart it in iB they do not know how to create a symbol for it in ninja so that the data we already have can be used to create a chart. Seems like is is blocked on purpose as it will recognize it but cannot pull the data. Support tried about everything but concluded ninja must not support CMDTY symbols.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses