• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored.

Hi, Brand new install of NT8. Upon first reboot after install the message (Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files.) Appears.

This is a brand new install and NOTHING has been loaded or modified after installation.

I can't see the entire error message nor can I see all of the compile erros, but I suspect that there may be duplicate files in your references. Was NinjaTrader installed previously on this PC? Or was this the first installation ever? Do you have multiple drives on this PC? Or is there only once (usually the 'C' drive)?

Could you provide a screenshot which shows all of the compile errors (vertically expanded) and then expand the error column slightly horizontally to see if there is additional size to the error message itself? I've highlighted the two areas which need your attention:

https://www.screencast.com/t/ssZO9cSlR
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same error happening on two different pc's. It's a new install on both machines. There is a c: and d: drive and all defaults on the install were taken. See graphic attached

Comment

References

Comment

I'd like to investigate further remotely. Let's first get in touch via email. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2027672 ATTN Patrick G
          Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you please provide a link to whatever this is: Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Thx

Comment

Nevermind. I found it.

Comment

The root issue here is that there were other processes running on my system making changes to the files in the default NT location (C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\NinjaTrader 8). Two ways to solve the issue. 1. I can make changes to the way my system works and stop it from making changes to the location referenced above. 2. Create a symbolic link and move the NT files. See (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...orage-location).

Also NT could provide a native way to specify the location of its config files. This is a feature found in many if not most tier 1 applications.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rickyblah12, Today, 09:17 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rickyblah12  
                Started by rickyblah12, Today, 08:27 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rickyblah12