Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored.

Hi, Brand new install of NT8. Upon first reboot after install the message (Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files.) Appears.

This is a brand new install and NOTHING has been loaded or modified after installation.

I can't see the entire error message nor can I see all of the compile erros, but I suspect that there may be duplicate files in your references. Was NinjaTrader installed previously on this PC? Or was this the first installation ever? Do you have multiple drives on this PC? Or is there only once (usually the 'C' drive)?

Could you provide a screenshot which shows all of the compile errors (vertically expanded) and then expand the error column slightly horizontally to see if there is additional size to the error message itself? I've highlighted the two areas which need your attention:

Comment

Same error happening on two different pc's. It's a new install on both machines. There is a c: and d: drive and all defaults on the install were taken. See graphic attached

Comment

References

Comment

I'd like to investigate further remotely. Let's first get in touch via email. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2027672 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Could you please provide a link to whatever this is: Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Thx

Comment

Nevermind. I found it.

Comment

The root issue here is that there were other processes running on my system making changes to the files in the default NT location (C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\NinjaTrader 8). Two ways to solve the issue. 1. I can make changes to the way my system works and stop it from making changes to the location referenced above. 2. Create a symbolic link and move the NT files. See (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...orage-location).

Also NT could provide a native way to specify the location of its config files. This is a feature found in many if not most tier 1 applications.

Comment

Hello I am receiving the same message. Not sure how to fix

"Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files."
                  Could you help please?

Comment

Hello jeanpaultru,

Thank you for your post!

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to automatically trigger a recompile of your NinjaScript files.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
                    • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
                    • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
                    • Getting instrument updates from the server

To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
                    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
                    • Hold the CTRL key and double-click the NinjaTrader icon.
                    • Keep holding the CTRL key until you see the Control Center.
                    • You may then verify you are in Safe Mode by going to Help -> About.

Once you have successfully opened the platform in Safe Mode, please close the platform and attempt to reopen normally. Does the error persist?

If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a working version of it if the issue returns. You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.

To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. Additional information about backups may be read in our Help Guide linked below.Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.​
                    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1113
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1226864
                      My Ninjatrader will not open once it starts loading it will show this prompt and after it will show this one before quiting

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-12-07_17-20-20.png
Views:	1113
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1226865

What do you recommend?

Comment

Hello jeanpaultru,

I'd be happy to help you with this, but do need a bit more information before I can determine a resolution. I'd like to review your log and trace files. Since these contain personal data, I'd prefer that we continue working on this issue via email.

Please email us at platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com. In your message, please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Kennedy'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate further:
                        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                        Thank you in advance, I look forward to assisting further!​
                        Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes