Label Horizontal Line with Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label Horizontal Line with Text

I'm trying to find a way to label horizontal lines. I have the indicator that labels the lines with the price but that's not what I'm looking for. I'd like to add my own text labels like yesterday high, strong support, etc. Is there any way to do this or does anyone know of a indicator that does this?

Hello n8dogg59,

Thanks for your post.

Please take a look at the "Labeled lines Drawing Tool" in the NT user apps as provided by NinjaTrader_Jim.

The tool allows you to automatically label the lines with price and can optionally add text to the line. The tool provides individual font size, type and color.

This is an expansion of the the NinjaTrader Lines Drawing Tool(s) that adds text boxes to each line that will show prices associated with the endpoint or where the line crosses the price scale. Vertical lines will show time stamps. Your own messages can be added to each text box. New settings can be set […]

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you so much.

Comment

Are there any plans to officially integrate this into the ninja drawing tools ? i presume in its current state it is unsupported ?
        thanks

Comment

Hello Explorer101,

Thanks for your post.

We've added your vote to SFT-253, "Support for line labels". This remains an open and active feature request even though the add-on indicator NinjaTrader_Jim provided fulfills most line labeling requirements. If you have any issues with the add-on, please feel free to post here or write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 05-07-2019, 06:21 AM. Reason: fixed some text

Comment

Hi,
            This great. But was wondering if you can modify a little. Where you can modify properties to include an "anchor y", so that we can click on the line and we can input the exact location (up or down) we want the line. And "The text Display Mode" you can include the Start point as well as End point. Something line the attached.
            Thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello carmenc,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

You can double left click on any draw object to open the draw object properties and there you can enter the specific x/y values as you wish.

As the add-on has been provided with source code, you are free to edit and alter as you see fit.

Comment

Thank you Paul. I'm not a programmer and just wondering if you can direct me to where I can find the instructions of where to modify the source code.

Comment

Hello carmenc,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are not a programmer then it would be a very difficult task and no such instruction/directions are available for that specific level of detail. In that case, I would recommend that you contact/hire a 3rd party programmer to provide the level of customization you are asking for. If requested we can provide references to 3rd party programmers that could meet your needs.

Comment

Yes, please forward me 3rd party references.

Comment

Hello carmenc,

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-253.

Comment

Hello bidder,

Thanks for your post. Vote added!

Let us know if we may assist further.
                          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Please add my vote for SFT-253

Comment

Hi i constantly get errors when using the labeled line indicator this has bee happening for months can this be fixed?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                              2 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post BarzTrading  
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH