Collapse

Label Horizontal Line with Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please clarify - are you referring to the "Labeled Lines Drawing Tool" that can be downloaded from our User App Share Ecosystem website? Here is a direct link:

This is an expansion of the the NinjaTrader Lines Drawing Tool(s) that adds text boxes to each line that will show prices associated with the endpoint or where the line crosses the price scale. Vertical lines will show time stamps. Your own messages can be added to each text box. New settings can be set […]

If not, could elaborate what specific indicator you're referring to and what error is occurring?

Comment

Yes that is the one that is why I posted in the thread about that indicator thanks

Comment

I cannot reproduce any errors when using this tool. I followed these steps:
        • Import the add-on
        • Draw a Labeled Vertical Line on a ES 03-20 chart
        • Repeat step 2 for all labeled lines available
        So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        • Could you provide a step by step guide on how to reproduce the symptoms you're reporting?

Comment

8.0.20.1 64-bit

I am not sure how to reproduce it just appears after using the platform for awhile I just restarted and it does not appear. The errors always appear in the Log tab it does not seem to affect operation except occasionaly the draw Global object setting needs to b e toggle to get the line to show on other charts

Comment

How are you certain it's this add-on that is causing the symptom? Does the error message you're alluding to mention the add-on by name?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2255034 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Email sent

Yes the error say labeled Horizontal Line which is this add on there are no errors on the screen

Comment

Hi guys, I've been using the labeled lines tool for a while and recently have started experiencing an error where when I change templates; my labeled lines disappear. I've been speaking to Melissa from support about this and unfortunately can't figure out why this is occurring. When I uninstall the labeled lines tool, the regular (built-in) horizontal lines remain on chart even after changing templates, however the labeled lines do not. More specifically, I noticed that the labeled lines remain on the chart until you drag the chart up to where they are, and then they disappear. Any assistance would immensely appreciated as this is a really crucial tool for plotting Market Profile Levels and having them carry over onto other charts and templates. Thanks so much.

Comment

I see that you were working with Melissa (ticket #2633676) and now actively working with Jim (#2633676) who built the tool. That ongoing conversation with Jim and Melissa will be the best source for a resolution to your issue. Please continue to work with my colleagues via email.

Comment

Good morning, I arrived at this discussion when looking for a label on the horizontal lines.
                    I accessed the link
                    https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

posted earlier right here and downloaded the updated plug-in. I installed it as requested on his own download page, but he even adds the horizontal line and the label appears, but if I double-click the line to edit it by pressing OK he gives the following error in popup:

"Exceçăo sem tratamento: The value "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" is not of type "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" and cannot be used in this generic collection. Parameter name: value"
                    This error only occurs entering the line properties without even making any edits to its properties.
                    My NT8 version 8.0.22.2 64-bit - portuguese Brazil version

Sorry my bad English!!

Thiago Iwanko

UPDATE:
                    I already solved the problem, it was necessary to delete the old graphics with my studies and create new graphics, there it worked perfectly.
                    Last edited by iwanko; 08-17-2020, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-253

Comment

gonzo719, this feature has not yet been implemented and likely will not be implemented soon because there is a custom solution for labeled lines mentioned by my colleague Paul in post #2 of this thread:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                        Hello n8dogg59,

Thanks for your post.

Please take a look at the "Labeled lines Drawing Tool" in the NT user apps as provided by NinjaTrader_Jim.

The tool allows you to automatically label the lines with price and can optionally add text to the line. The tool provides individual font size, type and color.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Once the charts closed, these lable lines washed away. Is there any option if we can retrieve back these horizontal label line after restart?

Comment

Is there a reason you're closing your charts before shutting down NinjaTrader? If you leave the chart window open then shut down from the Control Center (choosing 'yes' to save the workspace), your charts and any objects on them should appear the next time NinjaTrader is opened.

Comment

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the "Labeled line Drawing Tool". It seemed to work well for most of the session. Late in the session, I wanted to add another Ref Line and modify it as I had done to other lines previously. When I clicked on the new line I got an error "Unhandled exception: The value "NinjaTradeer.Ninjascript.DrawingTools.PriceLe vel" is not of type "NinjaTradeer.Ninjascript.DrawingTools.PriceLe vel" and cannot be used in this generic collection. Parameter name: value". Any explanation for this. It worked most of the day.

To a Broader Question: How can NT get this "basic" capability into their Horizontal Line - F6? At a minimum, why not swap out the existing horizontal line function and replace it with the tool provided by Jim? It does what most of us want and at least the function would get support. It seems that this kind of functionality should be fundamental to NT. Other platforms that I use provide this kind of capability.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

Are you able to reproduce this symptom? If so, what exact steps are you taking? Or did it only occur once? Other than the pop-up message itself, were there any other symptoms?

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                                • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                                • Feasibility
                                • Developer bandwidth
                                • Current projects in the queue
                                • Economics
                                You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

In the meantime, you could reconfigure your hotkeys to have the custom 'labeled' lines assigned to the function keys. Learn more here:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post elderan