Basic Failure in Product & Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Failure in Product & Data

It appears Ninjatrader and FXCM cannot provide the absolute minimum required for a trading platform.

That is to display data correctly.

It appears that for CFD's notably S&P / UK100 / Ger30 - There are at least 6 months of data gaps in 2016.

This is with the latest version of NinjaTrader - 8.0.16.3 64-bit

I have cleared out my cache and delete folders more times that I can recall / reloaded as much data as is feasible.

Still a basic failure in providing a basic platform with a data feed.

Hello Trader_Kim,
    Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

I assume so but just to clarify, are you connected to FXCM when you open this chart? If so, is this a demo or a paid account?

What is the specific date range that has a gap on these instruments?

What period type are you referring to? (ie. Tick, minute, Day, Renko, etc)

Do you see any errors on the logs tab of your Control Center?

I look forward to your reply.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh

Date range is circa Jan 2016 - Aug 2016 for the pairs outlined, above, there may be others, just not looked

Yes the data is connected - there is data before and data afterwards - just a missing batch of 6 months.

The data series is daily data in any increment, daily, weekly, monthly.

This is a paid account ... which makes it even more disappointing.

I have included an image for you below.

Comment

Trader_Kim,
        Thanks for the screenshot.

I am able to chart this data fine on my end using FXCM and the data for that date range appears in your screenshot too.

I believe this is simply confusion on the way the chart is scaling the price action. I suspect if you viewed only that date range in your chart you would see it displayed the way you are expecting.

What do you see when you chart only that date range?
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 12-12-2018, 03:24 PM.
        Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You are joking right ... Scaling ... you have actually made me laugh out loud

That is the best joke this month ...

Scaling in the middle of a chart for specific bars ?

LOL

This is a native install - clean chart ... and NinjaTrader decides to scale certain bars, in the same time range across different CFDs- please tell me where I can turn that option off !

hahahahahah

Thanks Josh, you have cheered me up with that one ... and this is a depressing topic.
          Last edited by Trader_Kim; 12-12-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Josh
            Please please please tell me how to switch off this magical scaling.
            Here it is on the Uk100
            Kim

Comment

Hi Josh ...

Last one this evening Ger30 and I am still laughing ... Still desperate for you to unleash this magical de-scaling button / option for bars in the middle of charts.

As is recommended I assume you have your tick in the use NinjaTrader historical data - as recommended.

Cheers

Comment

Hello Trader_Kim,

Thank you for your screenshots on the matter.

We are aware of this matter and we are looking into further.

Comment

I'd be keen if you could look into this issue across all CFD charts with data provided by FXCM. I have the same issue on some FOREX currency pairs as well as instances where entire years worth of data are missing. Just thought it was worth letting you know.

Comment

I sympathise with everyone having problems with NT8 and FXCM...I have been with NT/FXCM for the last 7 months and have had nothing but daily problems...these range from the data problems as above from FXCM, the platform failing to load, calculate, freezing, error messages and general "not fit for purpose".

I have had umpteen interactions with Support, including multiple Remote sessions, and in the last 7 months have had to uninstall and reinstall the platform, including workspaces, Market Analyzer, etc no less than 76 times at the last count.

No day goes by without some problem, and I run NT8 from 2 PCs, and have a demo on another...each one has problems, so it is not PC specific as NT Support would have you believe.

I also trade in a group of 5 who, like me, all migrated from IG/ProRealTime to NT, and all, with the exception of 1 member, who uses the platform on a MAC with parallels, have all had similar problems.

Yesterday after the platform failed to load no less than 32 times consecutively, and several times on my other PC, I gave up and have notified NT Sales that I will not be renewing my lease......I am moving back to IG/PRT, a platform on which I can run numerous charts and a scanner over 100s of markets, without the many problems associated with NT8/FXCM, and FXCM`s pitiful total market list of 21 instruments.

I really am absolutely gutted with NT 8...it is potentially an excellent platform on the few occasions it has been stable, unfortunately, I have probably wasted at least 50% of my trading time in the last 7 months, trying to to get it to work for me....possibly the faults lie in the fact I am in the UK and all servers are in Denver, who knows...but I totally sympathise with everyone's frustration when NT doesn't work.
                    Last edited by dmackay41; 01-01-2019, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Hello demo166130,

Thank you for your post.
                      Originally posted by demo166130 View Post
                      I'd be keen if you could look into this issue across all CFD charts with data provided by FXCM. I have the same issue on some FOREX currency pairs as well as instances where entire years worth of data are missing. Just thought it was worth letting you know.
                      Can you provide details on the currency pairs that have missing data?
                      What instruments are you seeing this on?
                      What dates are missing or date range?
                      Do you see this in Daily, Minute and Tick charts?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello dmackay41,

Thank you for your post.

May I ask you to write to me at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to look into this matter further? Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I do not believe the FXCM data feed has any correlation to your report on the crashing, freezing or the need for multiple restarts or re-installs.

Originally posted by dmackay41 View Post
                        I sympathise with everyone having problems with NT8 and FXCM...I have been with NT/FXCM for the last 7 months and have had nothing but daily problems...these range from the data problems as above from FXCM, the platform failing to load, calculate, freezing, error messages and general "not fit for purpose".

I have had umpteen interactions with Support, including multiple Remote sessions, and in the last 7 months have had to uninstall and reinstall the platform, including workspaces, Market Analyzer, etc no less than 76 times at the last count.

No day goes by without some problem, and I run NT8 from 2 PCs, and have a demo on another...each one has problems, so it is not PC specific as NT Support would have you believe.

I also trade in a group of 5 who, like me, all migrated from IG/ProRealTime to NT, and all, with the exception of 1 member, who uses the platform on a MAC with parallels, have all had similar problems.

Yesterday after the platform failed to load no less than 32 times consecutively, and several times on my other PC, I gave up and have notified NT Sales that I will not be renewing my lease......I am moving back to IG/PRT, a platform on which I can run numerous charts and a scanner over 100s of markets, without the many problems associated with NT8/FXCM, and FXCM`s pitiful total market list of 21 instruments.

I really am absolutely gutted with NT 8...it is potentially an excellent platform on the few occasions it has been stable, unfortunately, I have probably wasted at least 50% of my trading time in the last 7 months, trying to to get it to work for me....possibly the faults lie in the fact I am in the UK and all servers are in Denver, who knows...but I totally sympathise with everyone's frustration when NT doesn't work.

Comment

Wow... Setup my fxcm account 1 week ago live.
                          Purchased a multi broker lic today and boom.

Can't get NT8 to connect with fxcm.

Got intouch with NT8 support, only for them to tell me, wait for it .it it fxcm issue.. lol

Spoke to fxcm, they did all the checks multiple times. They tell me i have no issue on fxcm side.lol

After reading what is happening with this other customer. Think ill pull the pin on this junk platform.

Seems you have saved me 7 months of work.

yes uninstall and reinstall the NT8 platform 3 times.

Thanks

​​​​
                          Last edited by Rafmed; 02-08-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Hello Rafmed,

Thank you for your post.

Can you send me an email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 2028579' in the subject line?

I would like to look into your reported case as I am not aware of any FXCM items that would cause you not to be able to connect.

Comment

waiting for a support member to connect remotely

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                              19 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Radano
                              by Radano