Workspace Save to Correct Virtual Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace Save to Correct Virtual Desktops

I am not sure if this has been requested, but if not, I would like to submit a feature request. I would like the ability when saving a workspace, to save the charts / layouts to the correct virtual desktop. Whenever I restart NinjaTrader, I need to rearrange all of my windows to the correct virtual desktop--for me this is far superior to having multiple workspaces open and switching between them. If this is already possible, I will need help from support since this doesn't currently work on my machine's.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-926. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-13-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Jack22, IIRC and this info helps (as I went through the same process of options evaluation before settling on my current solution)
      I can't guarantee all the following is 100% accurate as, for instance, it was a year ago and haven't looked at it since, so things may have changed

If you're referring to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops then you can't do what you ask as this is a limitation of Windows 10 - can't save them on Exit, or at least used to be so. There are/were 3rd party Virtual Desktop solutions that can save, although few had that feature and only the most complex.

There is some discussion on relative merits of virtual desktops/multiple Workspaces in the forum history, I think ChelseaB on virtual desktops.
      But short story was Windows can't save it, not a Ninjatrader issue, so if you have multiple charts in multiple virtual desktops you have to rebuild it every time you restart and Ninja can't do anything about that (unless Windows has changed). So go with multiple workspaces.

Kind regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes