Alert on Volumetric bar stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert on Volumetric bar stats

How can I set an alert on a specific value of the Stats in a Volumetric Bar?

ie: if Buy vol is > x ...trigger and alert

Hello percma,

Thank you for the post.

It is currently not possible to access volumetric data through the Alert system. An indicator could be developed to accomplish this. Information on accessing Volumetric bar data through a script can be found here.

I will submit a feature request to our development team to add this functionality to the alert system as well.

Ticket ID: SFT-3147

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 04-30-2021, 09:46 AM.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

that's a pitty. I cant' code an indicator. I could try a strategy but it won't work with no access to data.

Comment

Darn, this would be such a useful feature for the alerts.

Comment

Is there alert now to access volumetric data ?

Comment

Hello rene6985,

No, this functionality has not been implemented. You can check the Release Notes page of the Help Guide to note when new features are added and which features are added. Features will not contain the SFT ID, but would be identifiable by description. Please note that there is no ETA or promise of fulfillment with feature requests.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

I have also added votes for you and Rogue_Two to have your interest tracked.

We look forward to assisting.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jim,

Please add me to the list of users interested in the improvement - Ticket ID: SFT-3147

It would also be very, very helpful if users could select "Bar Type" under Conditions and Actions in Strategy Builder. Volumetric bars contain many data points users need to employ in strategies. Non-coders such as myself could then select the data component(s) they need. eg. Delta, Bid Vol, Ask Vol, Max Vol, etc. etc.

For my example, I would like to select "Volumetric" bars then the "Max" (Maximum volume in the bar) widely known as the bar POC (Point of Control each bar contains).

When the "Max" occurs at the extreme of a bar it is highly indicative. (known in many circles as a PPOC - Prominent Point of Control)

This discussion should actually be it's own thread, since it is vitally important to users of footprint (volumetric) charts. I would be more than happy to start one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello culpepper,

I have added your vote to SFT-3147.

I have also added another vote for SFT-3076, which tracks interest in Volumetric Bars availability in the Strategy Builder.

We look forward to assisting.
                JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please include me to vote to have an alert setup for Volumetric chart too !!! Thanks !!!

Comment

Hello Dan_C,

I have forwarded your vote for SFT-3147. Thank you for your feedback.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Hello Dan_C,

I have forwarded your vote for SFT-3147. Thank you for your feedback.
                      Please include my vote to have an alert setup for Volumetric chart. Thanks!

Comment

Making changes to the system may take some time. In an effort to help now I've attached an indicator called VolumetricData. The indicator creates 18 transparent plots using the volumetric bar data as shown in this link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...either_cal.htm

These transparent plots will not show on the chart but the values can be observed in the charts data box (and optionally printed in the Ninjascript output (for debugging or general interest). As these are plots, they are available for the chart type alerts as well as strategies (strategy builder or Ninjascript) and the market analyzer. In each case when you select the indicator you would then need to select the plot to work with. Below is an example of a chart alert and showing all of the plots to select from. This would be similar to what you would see in the strategy builder.

Note the indicator should only be used when the chart's primary bars are volumetric type. This has only been used/tested on Calculate.OnBarClose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChartAlerts.png
Views:	363
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1213119

[ATTACH]n1213120[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Tasker-182 View Post
                          Making changes to the system may take some time. In an effort to help now I've attached an indicator called VolumetricData. The indicator creates 18 transparent plots using the volumetric bar data as shown in this link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...either_cal.htm

These transparent plots will not show on the chart but the values can be observed in the charts data box (and optionally printed in the Ninjascript output (for debugging or general interest). As these are plots, they are available for the chart type alerts as well as strategies (strategy builder or Ninjascript) and the market analyzer. In each case when you select the indicator you would then need to select the plot to work with. Below is an example of a chart alert and showing all of the plots to select from. This would be similar to what you would see in the strategy builder.

Note the indicator should only be used when the chart's primary bars are volumetric type. This has only been used/tested on Calculate.OnBarClose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChartAlerts.png
Views:	363
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1213119

[ATTACH]n1213120[/ATTACH]
                          Tasker-182 Sir, You ARE AMAZING!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Comment

Hi Tasker-182, that indicator is awesome. Thank you very much!

I'm wondering, is it possible to add the DeltaSH and DeltaSL volumetric bar stats into this? Could you help explain how? Thanks!

Ninjatrader guys and gals, I'd also like to put my vote forward for making volumetric bar data natively available within alerts and the strategy builder please.

Comment

I managed to work it out and update your indicator with access to those bar stats. Please see attached for reference (not a programmer but it seems to work!)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses